We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving restaurants...for fussy eater!

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving restaurants...for fussy eater!

Hi,

We will be in Pismo Beach for Thanksgiving this year and are looking for restaurant recommendations. We are looking to spend around $45/$50 per person before tax and tip.

The only problem is...I don't eat turkey! So we would be looking for somewhere that either doesn't have a set menu (so I could choose chicken or something instead?) or has a vegetarian option? Does anyone know of anywhere like this?

Appreciate any help!

Stelle

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,390 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving restaurants...for fussy eater!

The places that I can think of that are open on Thanksgiving Day are Sea Venture, Marisol @ the Cliffs and possibly Ventana Grill. I believe they serve buffet style, so there should be non-turkey options for you. You'll have to check with each restaurant beforehand to confirm and make reservations, but it's too far out for that right now.

Edited: 7:48 pm, September 20, 2011
Level Contributor
34,181 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving restaurants...for fussy eater!

Also check Lido @ The Dolphin Bay Resort in Shell Beach. :).

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving restaurants...for fussy eater!

I had Thanksgiving dinner at the Sea Venture a couple of years ago. They served off the menu and had several options in addition to turkey (my mother who was with me also does not like turkey, and had a great meal). Plus the views are spectacular - ask for a seat at the windows overlooking the beach if you make a reservation there.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving restaurants...for fussy eater!

Excellent! Thanks so much for the suggestions. I will get in touch with a few restaurants maybe in early November.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving restaurants...for fussy eater!

See if Steamers in Pismo is open that day. Or if you wish to drive to San Luis Obispo, I am wondering if NOVO would be perfect for you!!! Check them out.

6. Re: Thanksgiving restaurants...for fussy eater!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 23, 2012