We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pismo Weather

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Pismo Weather

Just wondering what the weather is usually like in Pismo at the end of September and beginning of October, are the beaches still occupied?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,390 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pismo Weather

It's usually sunny & warm that time of year (What we call Indian Summer), but it could also be foggy & cool. There is no way to know for sure until we get closer to that time.

If it's sunny and warm, the beaches will be popular.

As an FYI: Avila Beach, which is to the north of Pismo, tends to be warmer and sunnier than Pismo, so if Pismo is experiencing marine layer (fog), you can usually find better conditions at Avila. Avila is a south facing beach town surrounded by hills on three sides that provide a wind & fog block. The drive into Avila Beach is through a pretty wooded valley and is approx. a 10-15 minute drive from Pismo Beach.

Edited: 9:14 am, September 06, 2011
Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pismo Weather

Fantastic, thanks Sharon

Me and my (to be) wife will be visiting California (LA, Vegas, Yosemite, SF, Monterey & Pismo) for our honeymoon and Pismo will be our last stop, we are there 3 nights before heading back to LAX. When initially planning the trip we thought Pismo would be a good place to end the honeymoon so we can relax after a busy time, so I was just checking if she can get her bit of beach time that she wanted :)

I’ll put Avila Beach into the Sat Nav :)

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pismo Weather

Don't forget the romantic outdoor hot tubs at Sycamore Springs!

http://www.sycamoresprings.com/

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pismo Weather

If you are going to Pismo - see if you can add 30 minutes to head north into San Luis Obispo - really nice little college town with great downtown eats. The weather in SLO is a little warmer than both Pismo and Avila. Town is very pedestrian friendly so you can park and explore.

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pismo Weather

Sycamore Springs looks good, nice one thanks :)

Will check out San Luis Obispo to, any more suggestions appreciated :)

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pismo Weather

You might check out Morro Bay while you're in the vicinity.

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pismo Weather

Yes - Morro Bay since you will be in the 'area'. Spent a night of my 2 week road trip honeymoon there - great place as well!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,390 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pismo Weather

If you're over 21 YO and enjoy wine tasting, you can drive a few miles east into pretty Edna Valley and visit a few of the wineries. My favorite is Edna Valley Winery on Biddle Ranch Road. The tasting room faces the vineyards and the windows join at an angle giving you a stunning view of the grapevines and Islay Hill (an extinct volcano).

Here's a photo:

sunset.com/travel/…

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pismo Weather

Sycamore Minseral Springs is also a great place to stay in Avila, as well as Avila La Fonda Hotel, Avila Village Inn and Inn at Avila Beach (which is right across from the beach). The weather is typically beautiful that time of year, and the town is somewhat quieter than in the summer. San Luis Obispo is about a 10 minute drive. Best known for its Thursday night Farmer's Market and historic architecture and downtown area.

10. Re: Pismo Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 19, 2012