We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

California
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

I will be in Pismo in couple of weeks. I would like any input on which hotel would be best to stay. I am torn. Please help

Thanks

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,741 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

SeaVenture is right on the beach, close to downtown shops & restaurants, the pier and the action. Getting in/around downtown Pismo Beach can be a pain on busy weekends, especially holiday weekends. Downtown Pismo is kinda cheesy and the crowd at Harry's bar can get rowdy, although the hotel is blocks away from there, so may not be an issue. Great location for instant beach access and you can just leave the car parked and walk around town and/or the beach.

The Cliffs sits on a bluff overlooking the ocean. There is beach access just to the north of The Cliffs, but it feels like a hike getting down there and back up again. The Cliffs has a more sophisticated feel overall and I prefer the views there looking out toward Avila than the view from the SeaVenture. The drawback is that you have to drive to restaurants, etc., but driving isn't that big of a deal, unless you're driving into downtown Pismo where finding parking can be a real challenge.

Both hotels have excellent restaurants, although I've heard SeaVenture's fare has suffered recently.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,420 posts
6,007 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

Kibblesmom has given you wonderful advise.

We have stayed at both.

If you love scenic views then Cliff Resort

If you want to take walks by the ocean, it is easier at Sea Venture.

(Note: It is far enough away from the more rowdy scene of Pismo Beach so it still works well.)

Either would be nice stays. Enjoy.

Edited: 7:12 pm, August 12, 2011
California
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

thanks you guys...i am still undecided...i just cant decide...

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,741 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

Well, you could opt for Seacrest Resort, which kinda gives you the best of both: beach access (albeit some pretty steep stairs) and an elevated bluff top location. You can easily walk into Pismo from Seacrest and avoid the parking hassles downtown. Seacrest was completely remodeled a few years ago.

http://www.seacrestpismo.com/

Edited: 7:36 pm, August 16, 2011
Level Contributor
36,371 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

We have stayed at both places and prefer The Cliffs where we have stayed twice. It is a beautiful resort with nicely decorated rooms, a great restaurant, Mirasol on-site, heavenly pool where you can see the ocean from the water, jacuzzi and outdoor firepits for the evening. Shell Beach is a little more upscale than Pismo, also.

We enjoyed walking on the path in back of the resort, also. Let us know where you ended up and how you liked it when you return. :)

California
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

We are at Cliffs now and I am glad we choose this beautiful place. Thanks all

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,741 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

Enjoy your stay!

8. Re: The Cliffs Resort vs. The Sea Venture

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pismo Beach