We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight parking in Pismo

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight parking in Pismo

My sons and I are taking a bike trip from Pismo to Morro BVay. We are spending the night in Morro Bay and riding back the next day. I'm wondering where I might park and not get towed or ticketed? Thanks for any ideas. -Bill

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,926 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight parking in Pismo

You can park in front of Northbeach Campground on Dolliver Street (Bus. Highway 1), Bill. Your vehicle should be fine there. Just don't leave any valuables in sight.

Edited: 1:14 am, June 13, 2011
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight parking in Pismo

Hi We Are planing to go camping on the bleach and i dont have a truck so i was wondering is there any place i can park my car over Nite for a couple of days With out getting a ticket or tow thanks alot..

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight parking in Pismo

Hi We Are planing to go camping on the bleach and i dont have a truck so i was wondering is there any place i can park my car over Nite for a couple of days With out getting a ticket or tow thanks alot..

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,926 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight parking in Pismo

There is only one area where you can camp on the beach and that's within the Oceano State Vehicular Recerational Area, which is a few miles from the access ramp. Four wheel drive vehicles recommended, as you have to cross Arroyo Grande Creek to get there and right now, it's a river.

If you attempt to camp on the beach outside the designated campground, you will be asked to leave by the park rangers, who spend a good deal of time patrolling the area. There is no where you can park your car without threat of being ticketed or towed.

My recommendation to you is to check with www.reserveamerica.com to see if there are campsites available at the Northbeach Campground in Pismo Beach, which is right next to the beach.

You can NOT camp for free on California's beaches.

www.reserveamerica.com/campgroundDetails.do…

slostateparks.com/northbeach_campground/defa…

5. Re: Overnight parking in Pismo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pismo Beach