We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandcastle Inn-Oceanfront Rooms

Long Beach, Ca
1 post
Save Topic
Sandcastle Inn-Oceanfront Rooms

Greetings! My family has reserved an Oceanfront room ( 2Q) at the Sandcastle Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday. As with any get away, we are excited and hopeful that we are making good choices. Since we have never been to the Sandcastle in, much less Pismo Beach. TripAdvisor has been very helpful. We are grateful. We have not been able to get much of an idea about what to expect from our ground level ( we're bringing our dog Tucker) Oceanfront (2Q)room. On the ground level , do all the Oceanfront rooms have views of the water? I recall a review mentioning that ground level sits lower. Perhaps we should have specified Ocean View? Now we are a little worried because we really just want to do is sit on our patio outside our room and watch the ocean and rest.( Take a stroll,eat some seafood, sip a glass of wine.......) Any other specific info about the Sandcastle Inn is welcome ! Thank you !

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandcastle Inn-Oceanfront Rooms

http://www.sandcastleinn.com/promo/

Looking at the hotel's photo, it's difficult to say if there are rooms below street level. To be on the safe side, you should verify with the hotel that your room has an ocean view.

I would say the worst part of Sandcastle's location is that you have to maneuver through Pismo's downtown shopping district with its one-way streets to reach it. Holiday time around here can be quite congested traffic wise.

But... if you want to "on the beach", you can't beat the location with the beach right there along with the pier, shops, eateries, etc. You could just park you car and walk to most everything from your hotel. That's a plus in my book.

Have a good time!

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandcastle Inn-Oceanfront Rooms

I was there a month or two ago. If I remember correctly the whole hotel is elevated slightly and those rooms had a patio area outside of the room. They all face the ocean directly, and there is a public walkway separating the hotel from the sand. There was a staircase at the far end of the hotel down to the sand.. You should love those rooms as there should not be any car noise. bring a suit as there is an outdoor hot tub that also is elevated and faces the ocean. We spent a long time just soaking and having drinks there.

3. Re: Sandcastle Inn-Oceanfront Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, May 25, 2010