We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

Does the Shore Cliff Lodge still have a restaurant on site that serves dinner? Several reviews mention the restaurant, but the hotel website doesnt seem to highlight it. Have i missed something?

Thanks

Amesbury...
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

bestwestern.com notes that it has a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

Pelican Point Restaurant is on the Shore Cliff Lodge property. The food is very good and the views even better.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

Here's a restaurant page on Shore Cliff's website:

shorecliff.com/pismo_beach_restaurant.html

The building you see at the top of the page is the Pelican Point Restaurant, which sits on the north end of the hotel property.

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

Nice to know that food is good at Pelican Point, would you say it is just as good or better than Steamer's? :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

Thanks for the info. But still, am i missing something? The hotel website mentions several dining options, but not its own restaurant/onsite restaurant Pelican Point????

Amesbury...
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

The restaurant at the Shore Cliff is closed for remodeling and will be closed until at least January. I'm not sure why they just "removed" it from the website instead of noting that it was temporarily closed.

yelp.com/biz/pelican-point-bar-and-restauran…

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

Hmmm! Didn't know it was closed for remodeling. Perhaps they closed after Labor Day?

I'll have to drive by and check it out sometime. Maybe on my way home from work tomorrow.... if I remember to. :-)

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

syrahgirl

Steamer's of Pismo is owned by the same people who own F. McClintock's Steak & Dining House in Shell Beach on the east side of the freeway. So the food is similar, though Steamer's is pricier. I haven't actually dined at Steamer's (I miss the former Trader Vic's that used to be in that spot) so I can't really compare it to Pelican Point.

My cousin got married last year on the grounds of the Shore Cliff Lodge overlooking the Pacific Ocean and had his wedding reception at Pelican Point. Everyone raved about how good the food was. We all agreed it was the best wedding food we've ever had.

Hopefully, the food will be just as good after the remodel.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. We are so excited. only one month to go !!!!!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge Pismo Beach

Tarshie

If you need restaurant recommendations, let me know what kind of food you're looking for and I can give you some suggestions.

Get answers to your questions about Pismo Beach