We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying on Strand Ave in Oceano?

san francisco ca
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Staying on Strand Ave in Oceano?

My husband and I are considering renting a house located on Strand Ave in Oceano, which will back straight up to the sandy beach/low dunes. Our concern is, we will have our 2 young toddlers with us and worry that the dune buggies may be allowed on this stretch of sand. We don't want to have to constantly be "on the lookout" for off road vehicles. We looked on the state map for ORV and can't quite tell where the border lies. Does anyone know or have any knowledge of this? Thank you in advance!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,725 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying on Strand Ave in Oceano?

"The Strand" is located right where the vehicle access ramp is in Oceano. In other words.... it's a beach highway along that stretch!! Definitely NOT the place for playing in the sand, beach walks, etc.

Look for a condo in Pismo Beach instead. There are several located on/near the beach where vehicles are prohibited.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,725 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying on Strand Ave in Oceano?

Here's a website for you:

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…pismo-beach

san francisco ca
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying on Strand Ave in Oceano?

Thank you for the information....you confirmed what I believed to be the case!! I appreciate your response.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,725 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying on Strand Ave in Oceano?

Glad I could be of help. Let me know if you have any further questions about the area.

5. Re: Staying on Strand Ave in Oceano?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pismo Beach