We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant with Ocean or Great View?

La Puente, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant with Ocean or Great View?

I was just wondering which restaurants have a great view and good food? I'm looking for a good one I can get dressed up and go to in either pismo, grover, shell or avila beaches. So far I have found these:

Seaventure Hotel

Spyglass Resturant

Lido Restaurant

Pierside Seafood

Steamers

F.McLintock's Saloon & Dinning

Mulligan's Bar and Grill

Marre's Resturant

Custom House

I'm not saying they are good or bad I just want to compile a list for everyone.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,922 posts
6,058 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant with Ocean or Great View?

We've enjoyed a good dinner at Seaventure. Since the hotel is right on the ocean, it has a really nice view. Its a business casual type place - I have seen people dressed up and some in business casual. Its an upscale experience (note: Since you are from La Puente, its like getting dressed up for a La Puente high class restaurant in the area. Its not a "put on the ritz" Beverly Hills type place.

F. McLintocks has lots of food and good barbecue. However, its definitely family casual (and not a fancy get dressed up and go type plalce.). It has a good view from the parking lot - but not from the restaurant itself. It is nicely western decor - and is a place for a nice family style meal.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant with Ocean or Great View?

I really enjoy Steamers which is perched on the bluff over looking the beach with a great view directly out to the ocean. Last time I dined there we saw whales! Food is pretty good and the service has been excellent in my experience. Their website: www.mclintocks.com/locations/steamers.asp

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,914 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant with Ocean or Great View?

Here are your choices for a "dressed up" dining experience:

Sea Venture: Overlooks the beach and pier.

Pelican Point: Sits above the ocean on a bluff. Beautiful views and excellent food.

Marre's at the Cliffs Hotel: Not all seating offers ocean views.

Lido at Dolphin Bay Inn is upscale dining, but I'm not sure what views await you.

Spyglass, Pierside, F. McLintock's, Mulligan's, Custom House and Steamers offer a casual dining experience.

Level Contributor
36,672 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant with Ocean or Great View?

We really like the restaurnat at the Sea Venture in Pismo. In nearby Morro Bay, the restaurant at the Inn @ Morro Bay also has very good food and pretty views of the ocean and Morro Rock. :)

Level Contributor
36,672 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant with Ocean or Great View?

We had a nice meal at Steamer's last night. If you want more gourmet fare, definitely choose Lido. We enjoyed a fantastic dinner there and lunch out on the patio with gorgeous oceanviews yesterday. Mirasol at the Cliffs Resort where we stayed was also very good, there are oceanviews here as well. :)

6. Re: Restaurant with Ocean or Great View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, February 06, 2009
7. Re: Restaurant with Ocean or Great View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pismo Beach