We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metered parking starts Tuesday March 11

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Metered parking starts Tuesday March 11

FYI

The City of Pismo Beach has installed parking meters at the pier parking lot and along surrounding streets. The lot on Addie Road is still free, but this will, no doubt, create even more traffic flow problems for the downtown area already suffering from congested streets during peak travel times.

Those wanting to to take the Hwy 1 rural route should take the Five Cities Drive or 4th Street exit and take 4th Street to Grand Ave, make a right into the left lane and turn left at Dolliver/Hwy 1 just over the railroad tracks to avoid downtown Pismo.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metered parking starts Tuesday March 11

I stayed in Pismo Beach at the Ocean Breeze motel at the beginning of May. The parking at the motel was abundant and free. I was amazed at the Pay Stations in downtown Pismo. A dollar an hour to park in the Pier parking lot and on Pomeroy and Cypress. And, the pay stations accepted Visa. The Ocean Breeze was an older motel but it had a very good proximity to the Pier and Brad's Restaurant, etc.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metered parking starts Tuesday March 11

Ouch--that news hurts! I was raised in Pismo Beach and lived there for over 20 yrs. and very fondly remember being able to park within a short walking distance of the pier or the stairs down to the beach with no charge for the entire day. I guess the City needs the money like so many others.

3. Re: Metered parking starts Tuesday March 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:24 am, October 03, 2009