We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go to Pebble Beach

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to go to Pebble Beach

I bought a gold trip to Pebble beach at a Charity Auction. Now I have to book it. From readling these posts, I see that July and August are foggy. So I am assuimng I should avoid those months. When i sthe best time to go? Any other times I should avoid?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to go to Pebble Beach

Mid to late October is a good time, but don't be put off by July and August. While fog is a possibility, it isn't a total given. Fog can happen anytime through out the year. Summer just happens to be when it's more prevalent, but it often "burns" off by late morning to afternoon sunshine. At least for a few hours until it rolls back in around 5 pm.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to go to Pebble Beach

I agree that October is the best time of year here. Though it's still a busy time, it's not as hectic as the summer. The weather is so unpredictable these days--we're in the middle of the warmest January that I can recall--but one thing you can count on is some fog in the summer. Whether it burns off or stays foggy all day, you can't predict.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to go to Pebble Beach

I wouldn't avoid Pebble Beach because of fog. Fog can offer a refreshing cool-down if you're coming from summer heat. It can also be quite pretty in its own way. And as others have mentioned, it usually burns off in the afternoon, though there may still be patches here and there.

If you like music, the Carmel Bach Festival will be July 19 - August 2. Timing your visit to catch a concert or three might be worth your while. http://www.bachfestival.org/2014-festival

But whatever you do, avoid Classic Car Week which will be August 10-17, 2014. The entire Peninsula, and Pebble Beach in particular, will be a zoo that week!

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 8:22 pm, January 18, 2014
San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to go to Pebble Beach

I can't think of a month I wouldn't go to Carmel! Winter and spring can be absolutely stunning, and clear.

Although we are hoping for rain, this week will be prime.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,251 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to go to Pebble Beach

Also, the fog I isn't the type that obscures everything. Its usually pretty high fog that makes things generally overcast.

6. Re: Best time to go to Pebble Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, January 19, 2016