We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pebble Beach Concours D'elegance in August, 2010

Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pebble Beach Concours D'elegance in August, 2010

I would like to arrange for a party of 4 (two couples) to attend the Pebble Beach Concours D'elegance and Historic Moterey Automobile Races in August, 2010. We would be flying from Columbus, Ohio. I don't know where to begin to book a hotel and air. I know that tickets for the show itself do not go on sale until April, 2010, but I assume that all other arrangements should be made well before that.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pebble Beach Concours D'elegance in August, 2010

Hi. Yes, you're absolutely right. Book your hotel early. As for flights, you have some choices. You can fly into San Jose and rent a car--it's about a 75-minute drive to Monterey. You can fly into San Francisco--a much bigger airport, so more of a hassle to negotiate and get your rental car--about two hours to Monterey. (These times apply if it's not rush hour). Or you can fly directly into Monterey on United, American, (both via LA or SF, and United has limited flights via Denver) US Air (via Phoenix). It generally costs more to fly into Monterey, but it's so convenient.

As for lodging, there's a range of options and prices. The prices will be more inflated during those events. What are your preferences: hotel vs B&B or small inn? Monterey? Carmel? Pacific Grove? Pebble Beach (very expensive)? One of our local experts, Mr. Toy, has a great website that describes the different areas so that you can decide where to stay: montereypeninsula.info/guide/pltostay.htm. Also, what is your price range?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,657 posts
5,371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pebble Beach Concours D'elegance in August, 2010

You may be interested in this web site (however, you may have already been there.)

pebblebeachconcours.net/pages/3301/Accommoda…

Given 2 couples, you may like a 2 bedroom place in Carmel (close by to 17 mile drive area) such as Carmel Country Inn

www.carmelcountryinn.com/rooms-2br2ba.html

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pebble Beach Concours D'elegance in August, 2010

Thanks for sharing my web page, PGDenizen. However, the link didn't quite work (the period at the end confuses some browsers). So try this: www.montereypeninsula.info/guide/pltostay.htm

If you can afford it, flying into Monterey is much less hassle. The time saved at security checks alone may be worth it.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

4. Re: Pebble Beach Concours D'elegance in August, 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 29, 2010