We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation for 1 night

Surrey
Level Contributor
91 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation for 1 night

Hi

My wife and I are looking for accomodation for the night of 13th September on route from Yosemite to Carmel but everywhere we have tried has a minimum 2 night policy (maybe as it's a weekend ?) are we best to choose a couple of places and just try our luck on the way or maybe call the day before ?

Thanks for your input

Ade

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,716 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation for 1 night

There are some big events at several wineries that weekend:

http://www.pasorobleswinerieseast.com/events/

I'd come up with a different route to Carmel.

Level Contributor
35,482 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation for 1 night

There is a La Quinta in Paso that is nice. :)

Carmel, California
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation for 1 night

Hi Ade,

I'm confused by your route. I live in Carmel and have been to Yosemite many times, you will be going far out of your way to end up in Paso Robles. You're turning an easy four hour drive into a six hour one and then you'll have to drive another two hours the next day to get to Carmel.

If I were you I'd go straight from Yosemite to the Monterey Peninsula and stay the extra night in Carmel or a nearby town. There is a lot to do here, you could stay for weeks and not see it all.

We love Paso Robles, ironically we're heading there for a short getaway on Sunday. I would not count it among a "must see" of California though.

Hope this helps!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation for 1 night

CAgurl123

Many folks do Yosemite to Cambria for the scenic drive up through Big Sur en route to Monterey/Carmel. Not confusing at all.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation for 1 night

Ade

Many hotels in the coastal areas have 2 night minimum weekend requirements. Low budget lodging might be the exception to the rule, though. If you're planning on driving up through Big Sur to reach Carmel, there's a decent Motel 6 in San Simeon that likely won't have that pesky 2 night minimum.

Carmel, California
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation for 1 night

Since she was asking about accommodations in Paso I assumed she was heading north on 101 to Carmel, not to the coast. There are tons of options if you're taking Highway 1, you certainly don't need to stay in Paso Robles if you can't find a one night reservation.

Try Avila Beach, Morro Bay, Cayucus, Cambria or San Simeon. You should be able to find a one night in one of those towns.

Good luck!

7. Re: Accomodation for 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 03, 2015