We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambria vs Paso Robles

Which Paso Robles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cambria vs Paso Robles

I know people ask this question all the time, but I am still torn. I will be traveling from Monterey/Carmel to Cambria/Paso Robles area. Should I stay 1 night in Cambria and 1 night in Paso Robles. We are not beach people and we will be going in Dec. But we love scenery, good food, and walking and outdoorsy stuff too. We are also trying to decide in Paso Robles between Seven Qualis Vineyard or staying at an Olive Oil Cottacge (Alta Cresta).

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambria vs Paso Robles

Your post is one that has no answer. Only you know what you like. Cambria is on the coast and you can find a hotel near the ocean. PR is about 30 min inland and sits in the coast range which is similar to the Calif foothills. Just depends on which you prefer however I would stay at one or the other as it is a hassle to have to pack up after 1 night just to move a few miles.

If you are already staying near the ocean in Monterey/Carmel and are going to be wine-tasting in PR then you might want to stay in the PR area. There are some nice B&Bs scattered around that area.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,957 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambria vs Paso Robles

Don't discount Cambria because you aren't beach people - Cambria isn't a beach town :-) It is an artistic little coastal town, which is very different than a beach town. Anyway, Cambria vs PR is really a matter of personal preference as Gdude mentioned. If your goal is to go wine tasting though, I'd stay in PR so you will be closer to that.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambria vs Paso Robles

Paso is much bigger than Cambria. Love both places. You already will find lots of wineries west of Paso along 46 just a short drive from Cambria. We stayed Cambria and made a daytrip to Paso. Very easy and a nice short drive.

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambria vs Paso Robles

I would stay a night in beautiful Cambria. There are some nice Inns on Moonstone Beach Drive. :)

5. Re: Cambria vs Paso Robles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 26, 2014