We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

Which Paso Robles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

please establish more places to stay in your town. It's ridiculous that not one B&B has availability for a weekend as far out as late May. I suppose I'll spend my tourism dollars elsewhere, as I don't ever have this problem with Napa, Sonoma, or Temecula.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

Shhh. . . mlgb. . . the secret's now out! Paso Robles is doing an excellent job getting the word out about its wine festival and itself as a destination for tourists!

Their tourism board must be grinning about now. . .

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

A month from our Sept anniversary I can never get lodging in Sonoma or Napa. I guess I need to reserve many months before the crush period in order to get a room during this very busy time there. We always end up in Tahoe instead.

Paso Robles...
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

Other posters have acknowledged that impacted lodging in Paso Robles in late May is likely due to either our Wine Festival (3rd weekend) or Festival of the Arts (Memorial Day weekend). In addition to our 20 hotels and the 23 B&Bs mentioned here, there are also 50 vacation rentals that sometimes fall under the radar during Google searches. They have really nice properties in all sizes and price ranges. Go to www.pasoroblesvacationrentals.com. All of Paso's lodging is listed at www.travelpaso.com Thanks!

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

This thread is pretty funny!

I dunno... even without the festival you're kind of leaving it to last moment. I like being impromptu also, but I know I'll pay for it in the end.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

Believe me guys, I advise *everyone* visiting SF to take the train into the City - as parking costs are too outrageous. For your daily excursions outside of SF (like to wine country), simply rent a car for the day. As for hotel costs, I would look into airbnb.com or look for deals on travelzoo or living social.

Edited: 2:49 pm, April 16, 2013
San Francisco
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

and thanks for the suggestions! I am traveling to Paso the weekend after the big wine event, but am still experiencing difficulties finding accommodations.

Edited: 2:55 pm, April 16, 2013
LA/Paso
Level Contributor
83 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

Okay, I've just got to weigh in. We have a ranch near Paso, grow grapes and olives, and travel back to L.A. for full-time jobs. We often have gatherings in which we have overflow that needs to be in hotels, so we offer a list to guests visiting that we cannot accommodate, which I will place at the end of the article. They may all be on TripAdvisor already, but better to have too many options than not enough. We are absolutely thrilled that Paso has become such a great destination place, but some of the large festivals draw large numbers of visitors, some who reserve their rooms as much as a year in advance. An easy way to remember the three large wine festivals is that they are always the third weekend of March (Zin Festival), May (Wine Festival), and October (Harvest Festival). In addition, there is an arts festival the weekend of Memorial Day and a Lavender Festival and an Olive Oil Festival in July, as well as a Shakespeare Festival and a classical music festival the same week as Midstate Fair, which also has amazing musical acts. People come from all over the state to see the acts. Apparently, the Van Halen concert this year was not to be missed. It was a rare reunion between David Lee Roth and all the Van Halens. Vina Robles has just opened their new amphitheater and are having big acts, also, including everything from Tony Bennett to ZZ Top to the Moody Blues. Also, sometimes, the Tour de California Cycling event comes through Paso.

The point is, Paso offers lots to do to a great many people and welcomes them all. It may be a bit more difficult to get reservations during the large events, but there are still many, many times when you can just make a call, get a room, and drive up and have a wonderfully relaxed, enjoyable weekend.

We hope you'll give the area another try at a quieter time!

LA/Paso
Level Contributor
83 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

P.S. Forgot the list of hotels & B & Bs:

Courtyard by Marriott

Hampton Inn

Hotel Cheval

La Bellaserra Wine Suites

La Quinta (Closest hotel to ranch)

Alta Cresta Olive Orchard & Bed and Breakfast

Asuncion Ridge

Belvino Viaggio

Canyon Villa

Carriage Vineyards

Chanticleer Vineyard B & B

Dunning Ranch

High Ridge Manor

Hollyhock Farm

Inn Paradiso

Summerwood Winery & Inn

Opolo Vineyards & Inn

Orchard Hill B & B

Santa Rita Inn

Seven Quails

The Oaks

Villa de Buena Vista

Villa Nel Mondo 

Wild Coyote Bed & Breakfast

19. Re: To all you Paso Robles residents who rely on tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 03, 2014