We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paso Robles on Memorial Day Weekend

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Topic
Paso Robles on Memorial Day Weekend

Hi all,

Our flying club was supposed to fly into KPRB this weekend for an overnight wine tasting trip but we postponed due to weather. The good news is we've rescheduled for Memorial Day weekend and are now staying for 2 nights.

How should the weather be at the end of May? How busy should we expect it to be? I'm sure we should book dinner reservations in advance. Thinking about going to Villa Creek. Artisan sounds good too but we may be looking for something a little more casual. Are there any other events going on in the area we should know about?

We are staying at the Adelaide Inn.

Thanks, everyone!

Carole

LA/Paso
Level Contributor
83 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paso Robles on Memorial Day Weekend

Carol,

Unless there is a freak heatwave, Paso has a fairly diurnal climate (warm during the day, cold at night). It should be in the 80s during the day, but could be in the 40s or 50s at night.

There is going to be a fairly large art festival over the weekend. If you check the website of Studios on the Park, they should have the info about it. It's usually a really nice event. Here's a link for that: http://www.prcity.com/fota/

There should be lots of other things going on that weekend, such as the Great Western Bicycle Rally. I've put in a link for the Chamber of Commerce Events website (pasorobleschamber.com/External/…).

If you're looking to get away from crowds and out to the wineries, there are lots from which to choose. Vivant Fine Cheese (next to the Pony Club at Hotel Cheval on the square) has great picnic items, as does We Olive on Park Street. Calcareous Winery is one of the best views and perfect for a picnic. The Paso Wine event site (www.pasowine.com)

Paso is casual, so any of the restaurants, even the more upscale ones, are relaxed. Villa Creek and Artisan are worth trying, as is Il Cortile and Robert's -- a few of our favorites. Buona Tavola is also good, as is Chico's (for fish) and Lombardi's for a very casual Italian Dinner. The Tap House Restaurant is now open at the Firestone Walker Brewery and is very good. Reservations are recommended at any of these places for that weekend. A good place for a fun relaxed drink after dinner is the Crooked Kilt, they have fire pits out back, and McLintock's has good music on the weekend and very good BBQ food.

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can provide any other info!

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paso Robles on Memorial Day Weekend

Thanks KAKLA / Paso.

I appreciate all the GREAT info. I'm going to send an email out to our flying club trip attendees with the website links for 4 or 5 of these restaurants and see where people want to go, based on cuisine, price, etc.

I'm glad you mentioned the Crooked Kilt and Mclintock's as I know we'll be looking for a place to go in the evenings for music or drinks.

What do you recommend for breakfast places? I have received recommendations for Joe's Place, Cowgirl Cafe, and Chico's.

Carole

3. Re: Paso Robles on Memorial Day Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, June 20, 2013