We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

I'm staying with some family that is renting a house in Paso Robles, but I'm flying solo into SLO. I wanted to save them some time, and try and find my own transportation to PR. Any suggestions? I don't want something that's going to take me 4 hours.

I saw that Amtrak has a link between SLO and PR, but not sure how far the train station is from the airport and if it's within walking distance. It would be nice if there was a shuttle or something that didn't make 25 stops along the way.

Thanks for any help.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

So RTA runs the number 9 bus from Downtown San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles. From the start of the route, at the San Luis Obispo Transit Center, the trip takes about an hour and 10 minutes. It runs once an hour. slorta.org/images/stories/Schedules/rta9.pdf

There's no public transit to the SLO airport. Presumably what you could do is take a cab from the airport into downtown and catch the bus to Paso Robles from there.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,964 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

It is only about 25 miles between SLO and Paso Robles. You don't need a train. There may be some public transportation.

Locals can give you advice on that.

I am sure they will come in here soon.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

The locals may have better solutions, but often in these smaller city situations I find tour companies/limo companies will offer airport transportation.

Here is one wine tour company out of Paso Robles offering shuttle service to the SLO airport. But the pricing is $60ow/$80rt.

www.winecountrycharters.com/airport.php

This wine tour company advertises a shuttle to the SLO airport but no prices are shown. You need to contact them for a quote.

thewinewrangler.com/Downtown%20Shuttle.html

Hopefully the locals can recommend some other choices too.

Kanazawa, Japan
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

Here is your trip plan at Google Maps for $5.25 by variety of public transport routes to Paso Robles from the airport at SLO:

http://g.co/maps/hn9ur

There is no bus direct to the airport, but if you don't mind stretching your legs, the nearest bus stop is 15 min. (detailed above).

You can move the marker for your destination for more precision as well as set the date & time of your arrival.

I have flown into SLO and the connections can work well.

I would love to know how you enjoy your trip, if you try this option. SLO county is proud to have their entire network available at Google Maps. So hopefully you will visit Avila Beach, Morro Bay, enjoy the Thurs Farmers Market in SLO or Hearst Castle, all by bus.

I manage data for small cities that want to display their trip plans at Google Maps. Please encourage your local bus service to visit: http://mjcaction.com and give me a call.

Marcy

Mentioned in this post
Avila Beach
Avila Beach
San Luis Obispo County, CA
Morro Bay
Morro Bay
San Luis Obispo County, CA
Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

Marcy, that's really good. Is there a sidewalk for our traveler to walk along on the way from the airport to the bus stop?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,416 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

Yes, there are sidewalks from the airport down to Marigold Center. Just need to be careful crossing Broad Street/Highway 227. It's a very wide road and a heavily traveled intersection by the time you get down to Tank Farm Road.

Edited: 8:22 am, October 24, 2011
Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

Then it's just a question of having a managable amount of luggage.

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I saw the bus that goes from SLO to PR, and then used Google streetview to see that there were nice sidewalks from the airport to the bus stop.

After describing my options to my family, they have said they will provide transportation. :-)

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions. If I end up needing this route in the future, I'll have all the info I need.

Sinclair

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,416 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

Have a good trip, Sinclair. Glad your family is taking care of your travel dilemma.

10. Re: Transportation from San Luis Obispo to Paso Robles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Paso Robles