We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning Rose Parade Trip

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 post
Save Topic
planning Rose Parade Trip

With so many trip plans and hotels it is hard to know what is good better best. I have moderate disability and will be going to the Rose Parade doing pre/post activities and BandFest. Would love to stay at a "best" hotel-comments. Doesn't need to be On parade route-just close. Thanks.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning Rose Parade Trip

How do you mean by "best"?

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning Rose Parade Trip

What is your price range for hotels? The hotels in Pasadena all raise their prices for New Years-- they charge up to twice as much as usual. Also, they sell out far in advance. So do start looking!

If you don't mind my asking, could you explain your specific limitations ? And will you be travelling alone, or with a companion who can help you? Your answers will help the "locals" give you the most accurate advice for your specific needs.

Are you interested in doing a "do it yourself" trip, or buying a tour package?

Tour packages have the advantage of providing you with a hotel room, all needed tickets, and transportation to all the events. But of course, these packages cost more. There are companies that do these tours, but I don't know anything about them. The Tournament of Roses organization (that puts on the parade and the game) also has a tour. Look at their website for more information.

…roseparade.net/tour-parade-package_2012.asp

http://www.tournamentofroses.com

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning Rose Parade Trip

If you are on a budget, you could also stay in other areas and take the Gold Line light rail directly to Pasadena. It is a short ride, very easy from Chinatown or Little Tokyo. The Chinatown and Little Tokyo areas of downtown Los Angeles are pleasant, pedestrian-friendly areas with lower cost hotels, and lots of restaurants, and they have Gold Line stations. Perhaps look at the Miyako Hotel in Little Tokyo.

These hotels will also book up early.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: planning Rose Parade Trip

I realize I didn't answer your original question about "best" hotels near the parade route. Since I live here and don't stay in the hotels, this is mostly a guess:

#1 the Westin.

Next : Pasadena Sheraton, Hilton or Courtyard (all in Pasadena, within a couple of blocks of the parade route. Courtyard is in Old Pasadena which will be WILD on New Years Eve).

Then, there are a bunch of motels, many of them older, along Colorado Blvd, right on the parade route. Normally they are all budget places, but not during New Years.

Pay attention to the actual address of the hotel when booking. Some hotels that advertise being in Pasadena, or say "Pasadena/Arcadia" in the location description, are really in Arcadia or even Monrovia. These are not near the parade route. So look at the actual address and map it on Google Maps to see where it really is.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning Rose Parade Trip

Oh, one other budget choice in a great location;

Pasadena Inn

oldpasadenainn.com

6. Re: planning Rose Parade Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 09, 2012