We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Parade Question

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rose Parade Question

My son will be marching in the 2012 Rose Bowl Parade. My question is where will be the best viewing area to see the preformance as it is shown on TV. I know it will be in the grandstands but clueless on which area to buy seats

Thanks!!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rose Parade Question

Try to be past Green Street but near the corner of Orange Grove Blvd and Colorado. That corner is t.v. corner. The parade (as I found out the expensive way) lines up at Green Street. I would not suggest any seating before Green Street. I would also not purchase from Sharp Seating. They will tell you anything just to sell a ticket. This was my experience last year...

I purchased four tickets from Sharp Seating for the 2011 Rose Parade. The tickets were the most expensive tickets available at $88 and I purchased them on the first day they went on sale almost 1 year before the parade. I was assured the seats were excellent.

To my huge disappointment the parade started a block before our seats! We missed several of the floats, bands and even the grand marshal.

When contacted Sharp Seating responded that the beginning floats, bands, and grand marshal were only for the t.v. cameras. Sharp Seating assured me these were the best seats! I would avoid Sharp Seating.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rose Parade Question

Babybeblue is correct that the very best viewing, as it is seen on TV, with all the bands performing for the TV cameras, is near the corner of Orange Grove and Colorado. It is also the area where the traffic and crowds will be heaviest. You'll be able to see you son from anywhere on the parade route, on the sidewalk or in grandstands, but of course his band may be in a "resting" phase when they pass you.

Unfortunately, Sharp Seating is the only official seller of Rose Parade tickets. Babybeblue had a bad experience with them and you might want to review her posts to find out what went wrong, and to try to ensure that you don't have a similar experience.

3. Re: Rose Parade Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 27, 2012