We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve - Pasadena

philadelphia
2 posts
Save Topic
New Year's Eve - Pasadena

Hi guys, My friends and I are planning on travelling to the Pasadena area for the Rose Bowl. Our primary goals are to make it to Pasadena for New Years Eve, and to get out to the stadium early to tailgate (driving to the stadium is optional, we have friends that will already have a tailgate).

My question is: is it possible to get home from Pasadena on New Years Eve night either by cab or public transportation? We will either be staying in downtown LA or Universal City, so we will be about 10 miles from Pasadena. If not, is their any other recomendations? Thanks in advance.

John

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,517 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve - Pasadena

Downtown L.A. will be easier to reach via public transit than Universal since the GOLD LINE metro rail connects Pasadena with downtown and, to my understanding, the trains will be running late on NYE.

To get to Universal, you could transfer to the red line metro rail at Union Station in downtown (the terminus for the gold line) for the 30 minute ride to Universal but that amounts to about an hour on the trains to get home.

You could certainly take a taxi but they might be hard to come by unless you make arrangements in advance or pick one up at a popular area for taxis.

How many will be in your group?

philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve - Pasadena

Thanks for the quick response! There will be 7 people in my group. We will either be staying at the Hilton in Universal City or in Downtown LA. The LA one is a little more expensive but is worth it if it will make things that much easier! I did do some research on the Metro and know about the Gold Line, but saw that subways only ran until 1230ish from Pasadena back to Union Station. That would be fantastic if they ran later on NYE. Do you know of any way I can confirm this? I guess I can call them tomorrow. Thanks again for the help!

John

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve - Pasadena

On the Metro.net website, under Service System Alerts, it states Metro Gold Lines will run overnight on December 31st, New Years Eve (as well as the Green and Blue Line).

It doesn't mention the Red Line running overnight.

4. Re: New Year's Eve - Pasadena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 10, 2009