We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spagos closed-now where for anniversary???

Which Palo Alto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
301 reviews
Save Topic
Spagos closed-now where for anniversary???

I'm coming back in a month on a business trip. It's our anniversary so spouse will sneak along. The night we arrive is our anniversary night and we'd thought to go to Spagos for dinner. Now I finf it's closed.

Where ELSE can we go for something in that genreal quality/price range?

We are staying in Santa Clara or Sunnyvale but figure PA has the better restaurants...?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spagos closed-now where for anniversary???

The San Jose forum came up with several suggestions, including Chez TJ, where we have reservations. Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spagos closed-now where for anniversary???

I'm a local - work in Santa Clara, live in Los Altos. A couple of great local restaurants:

Chez TJ in Mountain View -- a special occasion kind of place.

Parcel 104 - in Santa Clara -- don't be put off by the fact that it's in the Mariott Hotel - Great fresh local food.

Manressa in Los Gatos - $$$$ - always top rated.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Spagos closed-now where for anniversary???

The best Restaurant in Palo Alto, and one of the best in the Bay Area is Zibibbo. I have been there 10 times and have never had a bad meal.

www.restaurantlulu.com/Zibibbo_about.html

Palo Alto, CA
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spagos closed-now where for anniversary???

Some good suggestions already. Many are bookable through www.opentable.com.

Parcel 104 - great California cuisine, and reasonable prices. Nice decor once you get through the Marriott :)

Tamarine (Palo Alto, www.tamarinerestaurant.com). Great fusion Vietnamese food. Very nice decor.

Evvia (Palo Alto, www.evvia.net). Great Greek food. Almost as noisy as Zibbibo but a little bit more upscale I think.

Zibbibo (Palo Alto) is more of a group dinner location, very noisy, high energy, good food for sharing.

You might want to check out the Top 100 restaurants according to SF Chronicle (www.sfgate.com/food/top100/) for more ideas.

I live nearby (1 town down from Palo Alto) and work in Palo Alto so if you live large and go to Manresa or Chez TJ which I haven't been to, let me know how you like it!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spagos closed-now where for anniversary???

So we never got to TJ's in January. We went to Half Moon Bay and had lunch, walked on the beach, vsited a winery, got to our hotel and crashed. It was late for us in body time and we just were not up for a big dinner, so I cancelled.

We are trying again in a month--this time spouses's trip and I am coming on a free companion ticket. Sort of a half-anniversary! I will do a restaurant review.

6. Re: Spagos closed-now where for anniversary???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 15, 2009