We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heart Clinic at Stanford

Bullhead City, AZ
Level Contributor
253 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Heart Clinic at Stanford

We are two elderly women (60's) who will be visiting your area so my sister can receive treatment at the Heart Clinic. Wondering where to stay? We will be flying into SJC and will not have a car. I understand there may be some kind of shuttle service to the Heart Clinic -- does anyone know?

Our requirements for a place to stay are pretty simple -- we MUST be able to smoke and we can't afford to pay over $100. Any recommendations? Also, would prefer not to have to climb stairs, elevator would be nice as would an in-room coffee maker.

Thanks for your help.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heart Clinic at Stanford

Hmmm. The Stanford Park Hotel, which is a 4-star hotel, has a shuttle that goes to Stanford Medical Center and other facitilites affiliated with it.

My guess is the shuttle you speak of is "Marguerite," which goes back and forth from Stanford to downtown Palo Alto. This website has an updated May 2007 map and a calendar of service, since the shuttle is more active during the school year:

…stanford.edu/marguerite/MargueriteSched.sht…

You'll see on the map there is an extensive system of routes that go outside of Stanford into Palo Alto, plus a dedicated Medical Center route that loops around all the clinics.

In the below $100 range, there are several motels along El Camino Real, but I'm not certain what their rates are. The Mermaid Inn, practically across the street from the Stanford Park, but it's not really very close any of the Marguerite routes.

Your best bet is to stay either in a downtown Palo Alto hotel nearest El Camino Real, where the downtown express route goes by, or along El Camino Real near between Park Blvd and Quarry Road. Unfortunately, I can't recall the names of any hotels or lodging along that stretch of El Camino Real right now.

You may have to query the Heart Clinic itself for recommended lodging close to a Marguerite route.

Mentioned in this post
Stanford
Stanford
California
Bullhead City, AZ
Level Contributor
253 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heart Clinic at Stanford

Thanks for your help, the shuttle site is of particular interest.

Your suggestion to ask the Heart Clinic for recommended lodging is a good one. We did get a list from Cedars-Sinai when my sister received treatment there so would expect the same from Stanford.

Again, your assistance is very much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Stanford
Stanford
California
3. Re: Heart Clinic at Stanford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 05, 2009