We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in February

redwood city, CA
12 posts
Save Topic
Accommodations in February

Hi Everyone,

We will be visiting in early February for 3 nights with my parents, who are in their late 70s (total is 4 adults). I have looked at several places and wanted to know if anyone has any info/thoughts about 7 Springs Inns and Suites, where we have been quoted $910 for a suite, or Alpine Garden which is a little more expensive for 2 rooms, one w/a kitchenette?

How are their locations in terms of shopping/restaurants/ things to do? Would one area be better to stay near? My Mom cannot walk long distances. We will rent a car, so that will help. Other recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks very much.

Level Contributor
35,943 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in February

There is a nice property in Rancho Mirage called The Westin Mission Hills. This hotel is close to restaurants and a great shopping center called The River. Enjoy your time in the desert! :)

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in February

Have you considered renting a condo ?.....We have a two bedroom on the golf course at Mission Hills that we booked through Homeaway and I had also researched on VRBO......

Having a two bedroom condo with complete kitchen and laundry will give you lots more space and probably cost less than hotel suites......

Joshua Tree...
Level Contributor
909 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations in February

I'd also like to recommend you check out VRBO.com for Palm Springs. VRBO will come up in order of what the owners paid VRBO, but you can search by bedrooms or price. There are also "vacation rentals" on TripAdvisor/FlipKey. On Trip Advisor you will have to pay a small fee (approx. $12 a night) as the owners are not charged for the listings.

You could also consider Joshua Tree vacation rentals - there are some awesome properties especially if you can pay upwards of $200 a night. You could rent a home nestled amongst boulders. You might have to drive on a dirt road for half a mile so would be something that takes it out of the running for you as well as the fact that it's a SMALL town. You could certainly drive through the National Park though as some people just take pictures from their car.

Edited: 11:29 am, January 05, 2014
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations in February

Neither of them are in the center of things (approx Palm Canyon and Tahquitz).

Have you looked at the small inns of Palm Springs website?

http://www.smallhotelsofpalmsprings.com/

I like the Chase Hotel, Desert Hills Hotel, Calla Lily. Problem is they are popular with return visitors and can be booked out, but it's worth trying.

5. Re: Accommodations in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 09, 2015