We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation 2014

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation 2014

We were in Palm Springs for the month of February and now back in British Columbia,We had the pleasure of staying at a great hotel(Z0So).We did not rent a car,out every night for dinner,now the wife and i are hooked,we wish to return next year in March.I am hoping some one can guide me in accommodation for next year,other than a Hotel,but with a swimming pool and all the amenities,and must be a short walk to the main drag,please advise,cheers

Canada
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation 2014

The money you paid for the hotel and meals out, surely can get a very nice condo for the month of March next year.....You can very easy get a 2-3 bedroom condo for $150 a nights or less

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
19,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation 2014

Check VRBO.com

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation 2014

You might look at some of the smaller apartment style hotels such as the Chase that rent on a weekly basis. With condos you have to pay cleaning fees and various other fees so the price starts to escalate. If you only need a smaller place it may not be worthwhile.

If you want to work with an agency rather than vrbo, then www.ps4rent.com has been around for a while (McLean).

Edited: 5:15 pm, March 31, 2013
Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation 2014

Thank you all for the Info,now I can do the leg work,Cheers

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,164 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation 2014

Across the street from Zoso, (which will become the Hard Rock next fall) is the Marquis Villas. We stayed there for several years until we began booking longer stays. We now rent a house for four months in the winter.

MV was tired and some of the apartments and amenities were in need of updating. I understand that much of the renovations are complete, although I haven't been there to confirm same. The pool was always great and as you know, the location is awesome.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation 2014

We've stayed at the Chase Hotel over the years, though never over a week at a time, and it's ideal for a restful holiday and only a block to Palm Canyon Dr. Having a full kitchen is great, but the Chase serves a breakfast, homemade cookies every afternoon, and we usually go out for dinner, so only have drinks and snacks in the fridge.

If staying longer we go with vrbo.com, but usually the golf resorts, with choice of pools, in Palm Desert where you would need a car to get around.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation 2014

if you rent privatly, just make sure that the fee includes a heated pool. that can be a huge "hidden" cost.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,146 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation 2014

I think what litt is trying to say, is that you should insure that the cost of heating the pool is included in the cost of the rental and not charged separately. If you rent a house and you have to pay to heat a pool separately, it could easily be $500 o $600 a month.

This generally is not a factor in a condo rental where there are pools in common areas that are shared.

Edited: 7:20 pm, April 05, 2013
Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation 2014

Thank you for the great tips,We did not know it when we booked at Zoso that they charged a daily fee per room,we paid $15.00 because we booked before 1 Jan2012,If you booked after that date,it was $30.00 but included parking.once again,THANKS

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,146 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation 2014

The $15 / $30 is commonly called a "resort fee". Charging this daily fee allows the hotel to advertise a lower room rate.