We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hilton property in PS area

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
portland,or
Level Contributor
227 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hilton property in PS area

We are thinking of spending a weekend in PS mid Feb (2 adults , one 6 year old.) Wanting to use Hilton points. Lots of choices! Not familiar with different areas either. 3 properties in La Quinta area look good (Emb. Suites, Homewood Suites and LQ resort) . Also looking at Hilton PS (just completed renovation ). Obviously very different properties. We like the idea of a suite while traveling with a kid , (can't swing a suite at LQ resort). There is also an Emb. Suites in palm desert but it's not as highly rated. I feel like if we stay at the resort it will be more about the resort itself and we do want to explore the area. Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

portland,or
Level Contributor
227 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hilton property in PS area

Also open to suggestions of other Hilton properties. I am starting with the ones I mentioned but not attached to any of them.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hilton property in PS area

La Quinta Resort is our favorite. The rooms are large, have fireplaces, and mini fridges. You could either get 2 Queens, or a King with a roll away or sofa bed for your 6 year old. We travel with our son, dil and 8 year old, and they have 3 in their room . El Adobe Grill is a terrific place for dinner outside on their plaza. Huge fire pit and live music.

Easy to drive to Palm Desert for the Living Desert, a must see.

http://www.livingdesert.org/

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,185 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hilton property in PS area

I have enjoyed the Hilton Palm Springs on two trips and love its proximity to downtown Palm Springs and the Museum. But if I had a 6 year old, I think I'd pick the Homewood Suites. They have kitchens and a separate living/sleeping area with a sofa bed. They also include a full breakfast with the room rate.

I agree with CAnative that the Living Desert is wonderful. Part zoo, part garden.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hilton property in PS area

Not the Embassy Suites in Palm Desert.

Any of the others should be okay.

Victoria B.C.
Level Contributor
97 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hilton property in PS area

Mrs. Coopershawk and I stayed at the Homewood Suites in La Quinta last year and we both enjoyed our stay. It's a great hotel! Unfortunately there's not much around the hotel except for Applebees.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
549 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hilton property in PS area

Concur with the recommendations for the Homewood Suites. Stayed there about a year ago. Rooms are huge and the kitchens a definite plus. I did take advantage of the breakfast bar in the morning there aren't many choices around the location. Nothing fancy, just filling. As I recall there is also a large supermarket just down the street.

7. Re: Which Hilton property in PS area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 31, 2013