We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive to P Springs

CA
Level Contributor
570 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Drive to P Springs

Hi all! My GF scored a free stay in Palm Springs at a nice resort for two nights.

It was short notice so we couldn't get any affordable plane tickets, so we are just going to drive.

From San Jose, it's more than 400 miles and 7 hours of driving.

So here's my idea: We drive 300 miles on the previous day, and stay someplace overnight. The next morning, we just drive 100 miles to the desert and we gain nearly an extra day to enjoy Palm Springs.

So I am looking for someplace to stay along the route, probably in the San Bernardino mountains.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Drive to P Springs

Good suggestion from Suzie. If you are not working on Saturday, I'd leave then and head for Santa Clarita for the night. Then your drive to PS would be shorter on Sunday, to give you time to enjoy the area.

There are also Motel 6's all along the way.

http://www.motel6.com/

CA
Level Contributor
570 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Drive to P Springs

Thanks for all the suggestions. We stayed in a BW in Pasadena. Details in the LA section.

The whole visit to P Springs was delightful and without incident, although the weather could have been warmer.

Kudos to suggestions for Lulu's. One of the locals also suggested it. $15 for a three-course meal with a varity of choices. Abundant people watching along Palm Canyon blvd.

Edited: 3:11 pm, December 19, 2012
13. Re: Drive to P Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 21, 2013