We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas and Palm Springs

Liverpool, UK
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Las Vegas and Palm Springs

Hi, I am trying to organoze a holiday for my elderly (in 70s) Parents in Law from UK. They want to spend a couple of weeks in Palm Springs but would also like to stop over for a few days in Vegas. Last time they did this they flew to Begas and then got the Greyhound but HATED it. So does anybody know if it is possible to get some sort of taxi/limo, and how would I find a rough idea on cost? Failing that do any airlines which fly from UK offer a stopover in Vegas and then onward flight to Palm Spings maybe?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Simon

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,610 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas and Palm Springs

Vegas and PS are about 250 miles apart if you are driving, so a taxi is out of the question.

If they fly into Vegas, they can get a flight on a smaller plane from Vegas to PS, or Southwest Airlines flies from Vegas to Ontario, then they would need to take a shuttle from Ontario to PS.

Do they drive at all? The drive from Vegas to PS thru the Mojave Preserve is pretty scenic, and then once in PS they would have a car. Being in PS for several weeks without a car would not be fun if they intended to get out and see the sights.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,472 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas and Palm Springs

Near as I can tell, United Airlines is the only airline flying into Palm Springs (PSP) from Las Vegas (LAS).

Now obviously United flies to the UK, but I didn't see any direct flights on UA and obviously the same plane that WOULD fly from LHR to LAS, would not be going on to Palm Springs.

Ontario Airport (ONT) is a good alternative, but it is still 70 miles from PS and a shuttle would not be inexpensive.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas and Palm Springs

Yes, United is the only I'm aware of that offers direct flights from Las Vegas to Palm Springs. But there are many others such as Alaska, American, US Airways) that will get your there via stops such as San Francisco, Phoenix, Portland, LA, etc.) RT fares (to get back to Las Vegas for flight back to UK) seem to be about $240 to $420 range. If they are comfortable driving, the best option would be to rent a car in LV and drive to PS. As noted previously, you really do need a car there. Rental rates are pretty competitive in both places, I've found.

4. Re: Las Vegas and Palm Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, December 16, 2013