We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a romanic place to stay in Palm Springs area...

Palm City, FL
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a romanic place to stay in Palm Springs area...

My wife and I are coming to Palm Springs from FL. It is our third trip. We will be there in early November. Hope to miss the hurricanes this year.

We have stayed at the Courtyard and the Hyatt and wanted to try places like Chase, Coyote, Old Ranch Inn, or even Marquis Villas or Mesquite CC.

We are driving in from LA and have travel and golf arranged but are interested in tennis (clay if possible), spa services (does not have to be on site), pool with some atmosphere, a kitchen in our lodging and a romanic environment.

Close to Palm Springs or even out as far a Palm Desert will work.

Our budget is from $120 to $175. Of course we would love to get a deal on the low in and have more for golf.

Your thoughts and recommendatoins are appreciated. I would like to make this our best trip yet.

Sorry, also since we are having to drive in from LA we will be staying close to LAX the night of our arrival. Any suggestions for an inexpensive hotel close to the LAX airport. Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Tom

massachusetts
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a romanic place to stay in Palm Springs area...

We stayed at Old Ranch Inn last October, and are headed back soon. Very nice, indeed! Check out the TripAdvisor reviews under "Palm Springs Hotels" -- a few reviews have photos posted.

Re: the romance factor, we found it at Old Ranch Inn. An even better testimonial comes from a family member of mine. Earlier this year, he was looking for a nice, romantic spot to spend a few days with his girlfriend before his deployment to Iraq. We recommended Old Ranch Inn, and they absolutely loved it. I should mention that we are in our 50s, and this fellow and his girlfriend are in their 20s. So, the romance factor isn't age-specific. And I know that the owners, Ed and Larry, went the extra mile to make sure these young folks had a really nice time.