We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlsbad, California
1 post
Save Topic
Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

I'm looking to escape with my 3 kids (8,6, and 6) for a mid-week trip to the desert during the summer. I'm looking for a fabulous pool where we can have fun and relax. I probably won't even leave the resort and get all our meals onsite if we can. Suggestions?

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
29 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

The Riviera Hotel has several large pools, some great restaurants and you can check in and never leave!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,613 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

In the PS area we like Las Palmas Resort with Splastophia for the kids in Rancho Mirage. The River Entertainment Center is across the street with restaurants and movie theaters.

http://www.rancholaspalmas.com/

I like staying at the Hyatt Grand Champions in Indian Wells. They have 7 swimming pools and a water slide, lots of Palm Trees to shade you in the summer heat. Large rooms with step down living room area and flat screen TV, big patios.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…

Vancouver
Level Contributor
8 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

I agree with CAnative. We have a home in Rancho Mirage and know the area well. Las Palmas Resort has it all, especially for kids and The River Entertainment Center (Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's, multiplex cinema, Starbucks, lots more) is a quick walk across the street. El Paseo's shopping & restaurants are only a 5-10 minutes drive. If you prefer a larger condo/townhouse, Rancho Las Palmas is right beside Las Palmas Resort, so you can rent a 2-3 bedroom condo and have meals out. You can buy a pass to Splashtopia if you are not a guest of the hotel. My vote is a Rancho Mirage location as it is so much closer to more restaurants. My nieces and nephews love Splashtopia, plus there is tennis, golf, and fitness for you.

Though it will be hot in the desert during the summer, it's actually my favourite time to spend time there. Have a great vacation.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

Hi there,

If staying in the condos at RLP and not in the hotel, where can we purchase Splashtopia wristbands?

Thanks in advance,

Seija :)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

With children that age you should be very careful about having them out in the sun all day in mid-Summer. I would keep them out of the pool from 10-11AM to 3PM. Extended periods of time in 100+F weather isn't healthy or safe.

Level Contributor
34,703 posts
891 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

Renaissance Esmeralda has gorgeous pools and a small sandy area also. They have pool bar there also! Have fun! :)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,613 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

Smr1946,

The original post is a year old. You could start a new post asking if anyone knows where Rancho Las Palmas sells passes to their Splashtopia, if you don't get an answer here. It is great being across from The River, good location.

You could ask the people you are renting the condo from, or phone the resort itself to get a quick answer.

Good luck.

8. Re: Fabulous pools for kids in Palm Springs area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 01, 2014