We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother/daughter getaway

San Diego...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mother/daughter getaway

I would like to go to a nice hot spring/spa destination with my two daughters ages 12 and 14. They are mature and well behaved and enjoy laying by the pool with a good book and a massage and pedicure as much as me. However, I am having a hard time finding a spa or hot springs that will allow kids in the mix. Any suggestions for something that isn't too pricey, that is also nice and will allow my teens to come along? Thanks - Jo

San Diego...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother/daughter getaway

The Miramonte is a wonderful spa that has "Teen" Spa services. I am not sure what their guidelines are as far as using the spa besides treatments, but it is so close to the main pool that it may not matter. They have wonderful summer deals at times too.

miramonteresort.com/luxury-spa-resort/luxury…

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
29 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother/daughter getaway

We haven't been, but we have heard that Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel is a good place for families. We first saw it on Huell Howser's television show and then talked to friends who were there and enjoyed it.

http://www.dhsspa.com/index.html

San Diego...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mother/daughter getaway

I'll definitely check it out. Thanks so much for the tip! It seems like kind of a niche all the spas are missing out on because teens love the spa too.

4. Re: Mother/daughter getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, June 21, 2013