We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

los angeles
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

My friends and I (four couples) are going to Palm Springs next weekend with our 11 month old babies (so 8 adults and 4 babies). We will be staying at a large hotel but we'd like to eat off-premises from our hotel at least once. We are as considerate as possible and will try to eat in off-hours so we aren't creating too much havoc.

We'd like to eat somewhere local (not too chain-y if possible) and somewhat nice (but under $25 entrees). I am thinking of Arnold Palmer's. What about the Kaiser Grille - could they accommodate us? Anywhere else?

Many thanks!!

Sonoma County, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

We just came home from the Palms Springs area. We had dinner one night at P.F. Chang at the River in Rancho Mirage. The large table next to us had several babies and it worked out just fine. Don't worry - while downtown Palm Springs may not be the best for babies, Rancho Mirage (where "The River" is located) and Palm Desert should work.

Sonoma County, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

We just came home from the Palms Springs area. We had dinner one night at P.F. Chang at the River in Rancho Mirage. The large table next to us had several babies and it worked out just fine. Don't worry - while downtown Palm Springs may not be the best for babies, Rancho Mirage (where "The River" is located) and Palm Desert should work.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

Hi smokey

ALl of the restaurants at the River are chains, except for Pietros Acqua Piazza.

los angeles
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

Hi. Sorry, I've had intermittent access to the internet - this reply is a little delayed.

I know all the restaurants are chains - we're compromising on that one, I guess! The concierge reserved at a steak place - I think it's called Flemings?? I think we are going to have a room???

Thanks again for the help!! Happy Thanksgiving!

15. Re: local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:18 pm, April 22, 2009
los angeles
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

Actually my friend made the reservation. I'm sure she gave the concierge slightly different criteria than what I would have picked for our group (I think she specified nice restaurant with private room and good wine list; I doubt she specified no-chain. If I'm choosing, I like to go more local, but if the rest of the group wants to go to a chain, I'm not going to make it a dealbreaker.).

Gigi, thanks for the head's up. I'll make sure everyone is at least aware of the $$$$ in case they want to try to scramble and book somewhere else instead. Hopefully it'll be OK, though - I know it'd be hard to book a large group somewhere else so late in the game.

Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

CA
9 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

OMG! I just joined today because we're down here from the Bay Area for THanksgiving and I've been shopping for the pas week for the perfect outfit for today - we're going to FLEMMING'S too!!! What time are your reservations, Smokey26? Ours are at 5:00. HOw fun would it be if we could say hi to each other!!

Anyways - I'm off to get my facial down at the hotel spa!

Tootles!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: local good restaurant for large group with BABIES (8...

Welcome to town EPP !!!

Where are you staung? Flemmings is fun if you go later, when all the kids are gone. By the way, we ate their Monday night, no drinks, and the total for 2 was $120 less the tip.

Happy Thanksgiving !!