We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Palm Springs
Search

Romantic restaurant for b'day dinner

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
177 posts
23 reviews
108 helpful votes
Romantic restaurant for b'day dinner
Save

We are making our first trip to Palm Springs in Nov. My husband and I are each 35, foodies and looking for a romantic restaurant to have a nice b'day dinner. We would prefer a single establishment (not a chain), a nice selection of wines and a fun drink menu. What are your recommendations? Thanks!

Purple Room Supper Club
$$ - $$$, American, Bar, Contemporary
Le Vallauris
$$$$, French, International, European
Miro's Restaurant
$$$$, Mediterranean, European, Central European
Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
72,607 posts
250 reviews
251 helpful votes
1. Re: Romantic restaurant for b'day dinner
Save

Spencers and Augusta are two of our favorites. But PS is loaded with great restaurants.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
23,245 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Romantic restaurant for b'day dinner
Save

In Palm Springs our favorite romantic restaurant is Le Vallauris.

http://www.levallauris.com/

In Palm Desert our favorite is Jillian's. I'd have to flip a coin to choose one.

http://www.jilliansfinedining.com/

Texas
Level Contributor
5,809 posts
49 reviews
26 helpful votes
3. Re: Romantic restaurant for b'day dinner
Save

Haven't been for a while but we liked Melvyn's It's old Palm Springs and was really famous during the rat pack days. I guess some older actors still go there on occasion.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
189 reviews
74 helpful votes
4. Re: Romantic restaurant for b'day dinner
Save

I also recommend Le Vallauris. I love that place. The food is innovative and always wonderful and the atmosphere is definitely romantic. I have been there a few times with people I describe as foodies. We all love it.

Some of the other restaurants mentioned in response to your inquiry would be best described as "60's dinnerhouse" -- lots of steak and prime rib but nothing unique or appropriate for "foodies."

5. Re: Romantic restaurant for b'day dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 20, 2010