We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey locals....I need some help

sonoma, ca
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hey locals....I need some help

We are renting a house for a month Nov-Dec and have a 5 year old and a 22 year old and are looking at a house in the Las Palmas and one in the Movie Colony neighborhoods...do you have any advise? We do not want to be near a golf course. How "windy" is it there? How close to good restaurants?

Thanks so much,

lynn

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hey locals....I need some help

Lynn

I answered your quesiotn on another post.It would really depend where you are, rental agencies can exaggerate a bit as to the area, so it would be good to know the streets of the houses you are looking at.Parts of Las Palmas are walking distance to Palm Canyon Drive but of course it would depend on the location of the house. Additionally those areas are not open to lots of wind. It can get very windy on the roads and highway.

sonoma, ca
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hey locals....I need some help

Thanks KC bear...I will find out the street name. Also do these neighborhoods have lots of tours going thru?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hey locals....I need some help

I am sure there may be one or two, but its a residential area, and its hardly something you'd notice. Espeically if the house is set back from the street and has a wall or foliage like most of them do.

sonoma, ca
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hey locals....I need some help

kcbear, one is on topaz circle and the other is on the lucille ball estate

any advise would be greatly appreciated

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hey locals....I need some help

I would say the Topaz Circle house. The Wexler is close to ODonell Golf course, and not as private.

Also, November is a "shoulder season" month and I hope you are negotiating that price. The Tennis Club area is a better "walk downtown" and a bit less expensive.

sonoma, ca
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hey locals....I need some help

thanks again KCBear...yes we are negotiating the price

any idea as to which would have a chance of kids in the neighborhood and is Topaz a cul de sac?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hey locals....I need some help

Im not sure if its a culdesac but its close to the base of the mountain.Did they advertise is as such?

Not a lot of small kids in Palm Springs anymore.Especially not in those neighborhoods.

sonoma, ca
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hey locals....I need some help

no, they did not....unfortunately the kids are in the neighborhoods with the golf courses and and the condos with the chlorine pools....we need a saltwater system

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hey locals....I need some help

Yeah, youd have to go out to Palm Desert or Rancho Mirage for "family friendly" but you are going to prefer it where you are. Be sure to go to the Living Desert Reserve towards the end of your stay, when they are all done up for the Holidays.

The 22 yr old will like The River, a destination in Rancho Mirage with shops, movies, high end and casual restaurants and younger people.