We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outlet shopping

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
outlet shopping

Can anyone tell me about the outlet shopping in Palm Springs?

Is is worth a visit??

Would welcome some other fun things to do in Palm Springs.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Palm Springs
Palm Springs
Greater Palm Springs, CA
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outlet shopping

I assume you mean the Desert Hills outlet in Cabazon nearby? I enjoy driving down a couple of times a year (although I enjoyed it more when there were more homewares/china outlets). It has a lot of upscale type shops (Armani, Ermenagildo Zegna (is that right?), Coach (leather), Donna Karan etc. and also mid-range outlets. It is always mobbed with Japanese tourists, if that helps!

If you aren't bad with heights, take the aerial tramway up the mountain--with luck there'll be snow.

Mentioned in this post
Desert Hills
Desert Hills
163 Reviews
Palm Springs, CA
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: outlet shopping

It has really grown over the years and is one of the best outlet centers in all of Southern California!....that and the one in Camarillo! Check out their website to see what stores they have:

www.premiumoutlets.com

Mentioned in this post
Camarillo
Camarillo
California
San Diego...
Level Contributor
136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outlet shopping

The Cabazon and Desert Premium Outlets are definitely worth a visit. The Crate & Barrel at Cabazon is my favorite.

While in the area, I ditto the suggestion to go on the PS Tramway. It's absolutely beautiful up there. Go early enough to do some hiking and ot enjoy the view and a meal outside. Dress in layers as it's cold up there.

There is a lot of great public art in Palm Desert as well as galleries.

Mentioned in this post
Palm Desert
Palm Desert
Greater Palm Springs, CA
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: outlet shopping

Thanks so much to you all, the info is great.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: outlet shopping

Spent last week in Palm Desert, and went to the Cabazon/Desert Premium Outlets, as we do several times a year. It's a huge place, with several shopping areas. They are really having great sales this time of year- 40% - 60% off really nice things.

Mentioned in this post
Palm Desert
Palm Desert
Greater Palm Springs, CA
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: outlet shopping

After the local advices I agree as a fellow tourist, that this Outlet Mall is the best we have been to on our travels. My DW simply loves shopping and drags me to many places and I hate that, but this one was really nice and I bought myself shoes and some golfing clothes (and used them at a Palm Springs golfcourse). The PS area is great for relaxing and PS always is a must stay for us. Also some great scenery not that far from PS like in Joshua Tree NP and Anza Borrego DSP. Have fun!

Tet

Mentioned in this post
Palm Springs
Palm Springs
Greater Palm Springs, CA
Joshua Tree
Joshua Tree
California Desert, CA
Level Contributor
37,750 posts
959 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: outlet shopping

This thread has been fun to read, we will be visiting the Rancho Mirage area in April, sounds like the outlets would be a great place to do some Mother's Day shopping! :)

Mentioned in this post
Rancho Mirage
Rancho Mirage
Greater Palm Springs, CA
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: outlet shopping

Tet, my husband is the same as you. Sometimes he "has" to go with me because we pass the outlets on the way to the desert cities. Other times I go shopping with my dil during the week. When he goes, he always ends up with shoes, casual clothes and sometimes I can't get him to leave. LOL

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: outlet shopping

Lol CAnative. Last year I bought a pair of Clarks shoes at $ 59,-- In my country they are $ 150,-- and there's a Timberland outlet...woooooow :)

Tet

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: outlet shopping

It's definitely a good outlet mall. Bear in mind it's HUGE and about 30 minutes drive north from Palm Springs. So unless you want to spend all day there, some research may be helpful.

That Timberland store is great, especially if there are sample shoes in your size.

Mentioned in this post
Palm Springs
Palm Springs
Greater Palm Springs, CA