We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber or Lyft to PSP

USA
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Uber or Lyft to PSP

I am being told that Uber and Lyft are not permitted to enter Palm Springs Airport, so that if I take an Uber or Lyft from my hotel to the airport, the driver will have to drop me off the airport property and I would have to walk to the terminal with my luggage Is that right? If so how far is the walk? Also would it be easy for me to get an Uber or Lyft car early morning (530 am)?

12 replies to this topic
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
19,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

If you get dropped off at city hall or the courthouse, all you do is walk across el Cielo to the terminal.

Just guessing but the walk is maybe a couple hundred yards, straight across the road. Not like the circular route they show here.https://goo.gl/maps/u1sHbwGXnRN2

Edited: 12:26 pm, December 01, 2017
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

Try this...

https://goo.gl/maps/u1sHbwGXnRN2

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

You may want to read this, I don't think dropping off is an issue at the airport.

https:/…

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

You are mistaken. Uber is allowed to pick-up and drop-off at Palm Springs Airport.

https://www.uber.com/airports/psp/

HTH

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

You can schedule your pick-up at 5:30 a.m. in Uber. Click the clock icon adjacent your pick-up point.

HTH

guadalajara
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

Be safe !!!

Take a taxi

Orange County attorneys and John Wayne Airport staff will reassess the airport’s agreement with Uber following recent accusations from a state agency that the ridesharing company failed to investigate or promptly suspend drivers who had complaints filed against them alleging they were driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Supervisor Lisa Bartlett directed the investigation at the county board’s Tuesday meeting, saying the April 6 legal filing from the California Public Utilities Commission, which oversees ridesharing companies, raised “some public safety concerns with regard to the passengers that are being picked up at John Wayne Airport.

Theee were 155 reports to uber and they simply ignored it.

S P
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

The op was asking about Palm Spring Airport, in Riverside County. Not John Wayne Airport in Orange County. Hundreds of thousands of users use ridesharing every day in the U.S. There are almost no issues. It as safe or safer than using a cab.

Desert Southwest US
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

Only uber SUV and uberBlack are allowed to both pick up and drop off curbside at PSP at this time. UberX may drop off, but may not pick up. So if OP is being dropped off, it should not be an issue using the least expensive uberX option.

The issue is drug testing. The licensing requirements for uber partners with uber are different for SUV and Black (limo equiv) drivers, so the rub is with the most affordable option most riders choose, uberX.

Edited: 5:42 pm, December 01, 2017
Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

The issue is not drug-testing. The issue is businesses with a government sanctioned monopoly seeking to prevent competition and preserve their monopoly with high costs for consumers. Elected representatives campaigns are rewarded/corrupted for supporting these monopolies.

Anyone with experience using taxis and Uber/Lyft quickly realizes how dishonest the drug-testing issue is. I've taken more Uber rides the past three years than cab rides the previous 30 years. Why? Because cabs are expensive and cab drivers are notoriously bad and their services are so inconvenient to use. Uber/Lyft, by comparison, provide reasonable pricing/service options and high quality drivers and are extremely convenient. Uber/Lyft drivers who provide poor service are quickly removed by low customer ratings as anyone who uses these service understands.

Desert Southwest US
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uber or Lyft to PSP

That's what the city claims it is...whether it is the truth or an excuse.

desertsun.com/story/…

Reply to: Uber or Lyft to PSP
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted