We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding on a resort...help!

Montreal
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Deciding on a resort...help!

Hi, I've been on tripadvisor for days now and cannot decide which property to reserve. We are 35 yr. old couple (no kids) traveling in Aug for the first time in the Palm Desert area. Hyatt Indian Wells came highly recommended, however some low reviews are creating doubt in my selection.

Here's what we are looking for:

Large resort

Adult pool, with a bar and with a nice vibe (not looking for a bagatelle in the day, nor pin-drop silence)

Good food on site (we are definitely foodies!)

Nicely appointed rooms (trendy, and luxurious)

Spa and Fitness center are a must

Some of the other options we are looking at are:

Westin, JW Marriott, Parker Palms...

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

bronx, ny
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Deciding on a resort...help!

I love Marriott's Shadow Ridge. The "quiet pool" is rather small, but I kind of like it like that. There is another pool with a bar, but it's larger and not as quiet. I'm going there next week, for my 3rd time. I stayed at the other Marriott resort, too, Desert Springs. Nice, but I wasn't as impressed as I was with Shadow Ridge. They are expanding, though, so ask about any construction before booking.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Deciding on a resort...help!

I like the Shadow Ridge too, but from OP's description the Hyatt sounds like a better fit. They wanted more on-site amenities and restaurants.

A lot of the complainers have valid points, none of the resort hotels are really a 5 star experience and the nickel and diming tends to get old (which is why I like Shadow Ridge). If all the resort fees and add-ons were eliminated, I prefer the Hyatt out of all the big resort hotels (and for the most part their staff is the best-trained and friendliest, but you can always have the bad one-of).

13. Re: Deciding on a resort...help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 06, 2014