We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pines to palms

Toronto
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
pines to palms

I am flying into LAX and driving on to palm desert.

Can I talk the Pines to Palms highway and if so how much time will that add on to my drive?

Thanks

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
696 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pines to palms

Depends on what time of day you'll be on the road. The most direct route from LAX to Palm Desert (via Hwy 60 and I-10) will take about 2.5-3 hours. Taking the Palms to Pines hwy will probably add about an hour.

One way is to take I-215 south to Hwy 74 East. Follow 74 through Hemet, up the mountain, past Mountain Center, past Lake Hemet and down into Palm Desert. Another option is to take Hwy 243 in Banning (exit off I-10) and follow it through Idyllwild, then to Mountain Center where you can get on Hwy 74.

Are you accustomed to driving mountain roads? 74 and 243 are both fairly curvy and some people don't like to drive them.

Toronto
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pines to palms

Thanks for the info.

3. Re: pines to palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 21, 2013