We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girl's Weekend in Palm Desert?

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Girl's Weekend in Palm Desert?

My BFF/Cousin & I are going to PD for a weekend in February. We are both in our 30's, married, and have two kids. We want a relaxing, fun weekend. We like food, shopping, beer, wine, & people watching.

We are staying at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort. We plan to shop and spa for most of the weekend, and we're going to see the Moulin Rouge at McCallum Theater.

Other than that, is there anything that we should do? Restaurants you wouldn't want to miss? Does anyone know of any food/wine tours? We went to Scottsdale last February and went on the best walking food/wine tour.

Thank you,

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,757 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girl's Weekend in Palm Desert?

Shop El Paseo for upscale and people watching, or take a ride out to Cabazon for factory stores galore.

Too many great options for wine and dining to begin to mention.

Hummelstown, pa
Level Contributor
294 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girl's Weekend in Palm Desert?

I would recommend you try the 3rd Corner Wine and Bistro if you like great wines. Buy it there and drink it there with some awesome food.

Lunch on El Paseo with the beautiful people. Perhaps upstairs at Tommy Bahama outside overlooking El Paseo. There is a little Itailian restaurant right across the street from the hotel in the plaza called Bella Vita.

Family ownerd and operated. Real italian. Not expensive. Try it.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girl's Weekend in Palm Desert?

Thank you HJPofi and RedRox. I'll have to try some of those suggestions.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,607 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girl's Weekend in Palm Desert?

If you are driving out, stop at Cabazon to check out the outlets. They have some really great deals. Get the coupon book by showing your AAA card.

Our favorite restaurant, The Cork Tree, is across the street from the JW. If it was a nice evening, the patio is gorgeous, otherwise inside is very comfy.

http://www.thecorktree.com/

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girl's Weekend in Palm Desert?

I would second the El Paseo street for shopping, best people watching

6. Re: Girl's Weekend in Palm Desert?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 19, 2013