We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel for Husband&Wife, traveling with older teens sons

ventura, ca
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel for Husband&Wife, traveling with older teens sons

This will be our only vacation this summer as our boys have summer college stuff going on. I really want to find the best place to relax and enjoy the pool areas, and have spacious nice accommodation. I'm leaning toward the Hyatt Grand Champions but open to suggestions? We are planning to do the Villagefest one day and also planning to do the aerial tram another day, how long of a drive will it be from HGC? Also would like to do a nice dinner one night I was thinking of dining at the Peaks Restuarant at the top of the Aerial Tram, any reviews on that place or can anyone suggest a nice steakhouse with views?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,227 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel for Husband&Wife, traveling with older teens sons

The Hyatt is a nice place. Rancho las Palmas is within walking distance of The River entertainment complex. Also like the La Quinta resort.

The tram is about 30 minutes from the Hyatt. I would go up there and admire the views then eat at someplace down the mountain in town.

I like LG's steakhouse, but no views.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,227 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel for Husband&Wife, traveling with older teens sons

You can find reviews for Peaks on Trip Advisor by typing in Peaks restaurant Palm Springs in the search box.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel for Husband&Wife, traveling with older teens sons

I know you mentioned staying in a hotel but there are many incredible houses with private pools to rent as an alternative. You would each have your own bedroom and could lounge by the pool as much as you want.

We have rented houses each year for the past four years and I would never go back to a hotel.

...Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your trip!

ventura, ca
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel for Husband&Wife, traveling with older teens sons

Thank you both for your information, I am really looking forward to our trip!

5. Re: Best Hotel for Husband&Wife, traveling with older teens sons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, October 03, 2012