We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shadow Ridge - How to Book

Which Palm Desert hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shadow Ridge - How to Book

We're looking to stay at Shadow Ridge in late May. Should we book directly with Marriott or do private owners rent out their villas as well? If so, is there a rental website I should look at?

I've checked vrbo, etc but can't seem to find Shadow Ridge.

Thanks for the help!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shadow Ridge - How to Book

I'd be surprised if you would find any vrbo listings.

Pretty much you get to book direct with Marriott. If you want to get some bonus incentives ask when you arrive if there is room on the sales pitch tour (90 minutes).

There's also a special package price (usually 3 night package) which requires you to go on the timeshare tour, but generally you need to reserve it far in advance.

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
647 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shadow Ridge - How to Book

You should find lots of listings from owners at tug2.net and redweek.com. YOu might also check out myresortnetwork.com

Renting from an owner should be a lot less expensive that renting from Marriott. Plus in this economy you can haggle with an owner. We own there and it just keeps getting better and better. But if you take the tour, be sure not to buy! There are too many resale units on the market in this economy to justify buying from Marriott. Check out tug2.net for the classified section on resales.

good luck!

Janna

3. Re: Shadow Ridge - How to Book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 10, 2010