We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Desert Willows?

Ct
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Westin Desert Willows?

Doe anyone know anything about the Westin Desert Willows? I see that they have just opened and are taking reservations, but as the place is brand new, I can't find reviews. We're looking for a resort with a kitchen for a stay with three kids. A nice pool is important!

Anyone?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

I saw the sign, but didn't go inside. I would call and ask what the pool status is now, and what they are expecting when you plan to visit, knowing that schedules always seem to slip.

Ct
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

Thanks, mlgb. I think a phone call is in order!

Coos Bay, Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

Desert willows has several pools and is brand new! I am going this weekend. I did called them to see if everything was up and running. They said everything is open and running smoothly already.

I'll send a review in after my stay.

Ct
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

Thanks, fisches! I look forward to your review.

Coos Bay, Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

I here right now and can't wait to leave. Don't come here!

The rooms are dark and lack any decor and certainly aren't luxurious! I am so disappointed. I wanted to come to see if this would be a good place for a family gathering. Not! The main lobby and pool areas look nice...but, it's all a facade...past that, the place feels cheap and not fun at all. I love the desert but, don't stay here. Find another resort. Check out Hilton, Marriot or Westin's Mission Hills but don't come here, especially with kids. I'm so sorry and I wanted to be able to tell how wonderful this new place is.....but I can't and want you to avoid disappointed after travelling all the way here.

I will post my official review when I get home...and that can't be soon enough. Luckily, I just came down from Oregon so it's not very far. I would be even angrier if I had travelled from farther away.

Ct
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

Oh no, fisches! I'm so sorry for you! Sounds as if the Westin Desert Willows is not at all what you- or I- were expecting!

Thank you so much for warning me; I will definitely make other arrangements.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

Sorry to hear about the Westin. We were going to check it out the end of the month. Might still drive through the resort, but don't like to hear about dark and cheap rooms for what they are asking.

Hope you had a nice visit in the desert.

Looking forward to your full report.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

Uh oh, I just booked reservations in mid May and was surprised that the agent said the who month was open (except for Memorial Day), Based on the sole review from Fisches, I may change my ressie to Mission Hills (where we own). I had thought I'd check out Desert Willows since it was a newer property but I suppose I should just go with where we know.

LA
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

Hi:

We're booked for the end of April. Any chance you could post a reviwe of the property before then?

Thnxs

Coos Bay, Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Westin Desert Willows?

I just posted a review..It should show up by the end of the week. I didn't include all of my issues with this place, but I think I hit the most bothersome.

When you get there, look at the room before you make a decision. Be picky.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

fisches