We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with Child Friendly Pool?

Poway (San Diego) CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay with Child Friendly Pool?

We have two boys, 6 and 9, that love to swim. We want to drive up from San Diego to the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area for a mini-vacation, but I don't want to get crossed-eyed looks from grown-ups and honeymooners if my kids are in the pool 18 hours per day.

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with Child Friendly Pool?

We usually stay at the Marriot Las Palmas in Rancho Mirage for the pool. Our boys, 8 and 12, enjoy the 100 ft. waterslide. The large pool here is full of families.

San Diego
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with Child Friendly Pool?

Thanks for asking my question, cm1000! We too are in Poway and figure if we're going to be cooking in this heat, we may as well be somewhere fun with a cool pool! I'll be watching for further suggestions.

Long Beach, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay with Child Friendly Pool?

We ALWAYS stay at Marriotts Renassaince Esmeralda. They have a zero enterance pool so the kids can walk into rather than being put in. It also has a great beach for sand fun. Hours of fun. A plus is the pool side lunches for only $5.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay with Child Friendly Pool?

No question here. The Marriott Rancho Las Palmas is the place for you.

They have a great waterslide and family pool area with some nice rooms right next to the pool, yet somehow seem secluded.

You'll be pleased!