We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic weekend - -

Which Pacific Grove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
2 posts
Save Topic
romantic weekend - -

Hey I am looking for a romantic hotel/BB with a great view in Pacific Grove or close by.

I have heard of Centrella, Seven Gables, and obviously pebble beach--thoughts?

Also interested in an out of the way romatic picnic spot for me and my girlfriend.--perhaps in Big Sur?

thanks

michael

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic weekend - -

Mike,

I don't know what your budget is but I highly recommend the Tickle Pink Inn in Carmel. Very romantic, breathtaking views of the coastline, great service, and a lot of nice extras (free breakfast, champagne delivered to your room at check in, etc). I really enjoyed my stay there with my fiance.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
871 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic weekend - -

I think a romantic spot in Big Sur is Pirates Cove, where the old boat launch is. I forget what post mile it is at, more south than 50 I think. You have to walk down a steep dirt road to get there.

I would have recomended Julia Pfeifer Burns water fall walk, where the end had a lovely old ruin, but last time I saw it, all the eucalyptus trees were taken down and it looked like lots of dirt. But that was at least 3 years ago.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
871 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic weekend - -

I think a romantic spot in Big Sur is Pirates Cove, where the old boat launch is. I forget what post mile it is at, more south than 50 I think. You have to walk down a steep dirt road to get there.

I would have recomended Julia Pfeifer Burns water fall walk, where the end had a lovely old ruin, but last time I saw it, all the eucalyptus trees were taken down and it looked like lots of dirt. But that was at least 3 years ago.

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic weekend - -

Thanks for the thoughts. Not worried about money. Just want an outsanding weekend we will always remember. great hotel/BB great food, wonderful views and romance.

milodc

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romantic weekend - -

Even though it doesn't have ocean views, take a look at the Old Monterey Inn. It's supposed to be beautiful and very romantic.