We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for "must do" list for June trip.

Burnsville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
Looking for "must do" list for June trip.

Will be staying at the Gosby House Inn for 3 nts in early June. Romantic 10 year anniversary getaway. We love Sonoma but decided to try something new. Interested in suggestions for Pacific Grove, Monterey and Carmel. Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for "must do" list for June trip.

A few other suggestions that I'd throw out there for restaurants/activities would include..

First Awakenings - fantastic place for breakfast. Being from the Twin Cities as well, I would compare it to Key's or Hells Kitchen, for quality and value. Do not miss their "All that Razz" pancake - best EVER! If you don't get enough outlet shopping in MN (we live in Albertville - so we've got that covered) they are located in a bldg with a number of smaller outlets.

http://www.firstawakenings.net/index.html

The Red House - I absolutely agree with PGdenizen on this. It's quaint and delicious, we've always had great experiences here!

http://www.redhousecafe.com/

Carmel - Ocean Ave

Is like Wayzata on steroids - tons of lovely shops, great places to eat, all within easy walking distance of each other. If you like hats, don't miss the Carmel Hat Company - they have beautiful hats you won't find elsewhere.

Wine Tasting

We've not done this yet, but are hoping to book a wine trolley tour when we return to PG in August. Looks like fun - nice sober way to get around!

www.toursmonterey.com/WTPages/WTHome.html

Good Luck - you will absolutely love the Peninsula!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for "must do" list for June trip.

sarahkristine, I love your input. It's really fun to hear how this area is like other areas and in what way. Minneapolis is on my list of places to visit, and now I'm really stoked! Thanks.

Level Contributor
35,249 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for "must do" list for June trip.

Carmel is a very romantic places to spend an anniversary, there are several nice places for a celebratory meal in Carmel: Grasing's, Anton & Michel, Christoper's on Lincoln, and Bouchee are all places where we have enjoyed meals. I hope you have a great trip! :)

Burnsville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for "must do" list for June trip.

All of these suggestions are very helpful! Sarahkristine, I especially appreciate hearing your thoughts in terms of places in Minneapolis (LOVE Keys and Hells Kitchen)! I like the idea of the wine tasting trolley and will report back if we go that route. Thanks so much!

15. Re: Looking for "must do" list for June trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 15, 2010