We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anton Inn or Pacific Grove Inn?

California
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anton Inn or Pacific Grove Inn?

If the rate is the same for similar type rooms, which one would you recommend? We are only staying one night, thanks for your help.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,580 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anton Inn or Pacific Grove Inn?

It depends on whether you want to be near the shops and restaurants or if you prefer to be in a quieter part of town.

Pacific Grove Inn sits above the business district of Lighthouse Ave, while Anton is in a more residential setting.

I stayed at Pacific Grove Inn once. It sufficed as an inexpensive place to stay, but I won't stay there again. The place had a strong musty smell to it that really turned me off. If it's only for one night, it's okay. You can at least walk to one of PG's excellent nearby restaurants from PG Inn and window shop along Lighthouse Ave.

California
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anton Inn or Pacific Grove Inn?

Thanks for your quick response and candidness, musty smell turns me off too. We've been to PG before, ate at An Choi (liked it a lot) and Anton across the street looked inviting. What do you think of Pacific Gardens Inn and Sunset Inn, more motel than B&B?

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anton Inn or Pacific Grove Inn?

I agree about PG Inn. It's across the street from the police and fire stations, so can be noisy at time.

Anton Inn has been renovated and is cute. A friend of mine stayed there last summer, and her room had a little sitting room attached. She liked it there.

Sunset inn also has been renovated and has gotten some nice reviews. I don't know much about Pacific Gardens Inn.

The key is that you're staying one night. I think that any of these places will be perfectly comfortable and pleasant for one night.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,580 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anton Inn or Pacific Grove Inn?

And I concur with PGdenizen. Since it's only for one night, any of those 3 in your second post should work out well for you. Enjoy your stay in PG!

California
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anton Inn or Pacific Grove Inn?

Many thanks for being so helpful.

England
Level Contributor
970 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anton Inn or Pacific Grove Inn?

I know this post is kind of old but I would recommend the Anton. we stayed there for 2 nights last summer and loved it. The room was very big and airy and we had a fire on the wall, which came in handy as the evenings were quite chilly. The view from our balcony was gorgeous too.

7. Re: Anton Inn or Pacific Grove Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 15, 2010