We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay - a bit picky

Ontario
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
place to stay - a bit picky

I posted on the Monterey forum so my apologies if this is a double. I'm looking for a place to stay in the Monterey/Carmel/PG area but my husband and I like to stay as far away from antiques and flowered wallpaper and teddy bears as possible. Looking for something on the more modern boutique style. Prefer something new or newly renovated and we have a price max of about $250.

Ideas?

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay - a bit picky

Hi. I replied on the Monterey forum. Pacific Grove is pretty much B&Bs and motels--no modern hotels. The Monterey Peninsula is funny when it comes to lodging--mainly small inns/B&Bs or motels. I know the kind of boutique hotel you mean--actually, there is one place in Carmel that might fit the bill--Cypress Inn. I don't know how modern the rooms are, but it's as close to a boutique hotel as you'll find here. Your best bet probably is Monterey, and by now, you'll probably have seen my suggestions on your other post. One other that just came to mind is Hotel Pacific in Monterey. It's near downtown (small downtown, but there are a few shops, coffee shops and restaurants) and fairly close to the Wharf. It's a nice place, but be sure to request a room off the Pacific Street side as it's a busy street. Good luck.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay - a bit picky

How about the Inn at 213 Seventeen Mile Drive in Pacific Grove? It's a craftsman style...

http://www.innat17.com/

San Francisco
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay - a bit picky

I'd go straight to the Anton Inn in Pacific Grove (antoninn.com). It's a small boutique hotel that was remodeled a couple years back and has completely modern decor. The owners run the place and they are incredibly friendly. I stayed there during my honeymoon 3 years ago and have been recommending it to people ever since.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay - a bit picky

Check out Hotel Pacific in Monterey. www.hotelpacific.com

5. Re: place to stay - a bit picky

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, September 24, 2009