We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PG Visit Notes

Which Pacific Grove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,435 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
PG Visit Notes

I just love this town! From the bells ringing, to the views, the restaurants, etc.... what a great place to unwind and relax.

We especially appreciated finding a reincarnated Favalaro's (sp?) across the street from it's former location. The service was exceptional and the food delicious.

Sadly, the trip is over and it's back to the real life... until next time!

Level Contributor
34,218 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PG Visit Notes

I agree, Pacific Grove is really cool. Lover's Point Park is a favorite place of ours to relax and we enjoy the beach area there, very pretty white sand and crystal clear water. The ice plants when they are blooming are a special treat in the area. :)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PG Visit Notes

I'm rather partial to the place, too! I just spent two weeks in Northern Virginia, which is a beautiful place also, but I was very happy to come to my sleepy little town. It's good to hear that the new Favaloro's is good--haven't tried it yet, but I read their menu and it looks good. Come back often, Kibblesmom and Syrah!

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PG Visit Notes

Glad you had a great time Kibbles!

Myself, I like to wait for low tide and climb out on the big rock at the point. There's a flat spot up there where no one can see you from the beach or golf course and you can lay back and enjoy the views, critters, and the surf crashing below!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,435 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PG Visit Notes

Hey, Lowrance

Enjoyed it soo much I may be up for a day trip on Wednesday... If the hubby it up to it! We always enjoy our PG/Monterey visits. I envy you guys who get to live there!

5. Re: PG Visit Notes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 01, 2009