We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enterprise car rental

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Enterprise car rental

I see on their website, there is an Enterprise office at the airport and one that looks really close to airport at Mark Christopher Chevy. The latter is much cheaper than the airport location. Is it a hassle to get there or better to rent at airport?

9 replies to this topic
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enterprise car rental

If you rent on a weekday you are fine. Most off airport locations are closed Sunday.In the case of the car dealer they are only open a few hours on Saturday also.They may also hit you with a drop fee if you try to return the car from the car dealer to the airport location.

Edited: 11:26 pm, January 15, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enterprise car rental

I just experienced renting a car at the Enterprise at Ontario airport - worst customer service. We had a reservation and booked a car online with a specific time. We arrived to check our reservation and Enterprise did not have a car the size we reserved online available. They proceeded to tell us we needed to pay an extra ~$15/day for the next 10 days for an upgraded car. I felt if Enterprise did not have the car size I specified in a reservation available, then they would offer the next available car at the same price. I expected an offer of an automatic upgrade and no additional charge. Instead, we were told to wait until another car came into the lot (which could have been minutes - hours). I asked to speak to the manager and was declined saying management had nothing more to say. I was definitely upset with this type of customer service and I am convinced they purposely do not keep cars in the lot in order to make more money off people in a hurry/needing a car. I had no problem walking up to the neighboring Hertz counter and requesting an available car. At that point Enterprise associate ran up to me asking why I was switching companies and after telling him what I expected from a company, he finally proceeded to give me an upgrade at no additional cost. This process took about an hour. I will not be utilizing Enterprise Services in the future. If this happens to you, my suggestion is to wait out until they give into a fair upgrade.

Boise, Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Enterprise car rental

Handicap with a service dog and Enterprise leaves me stranded.

On February first 2017, I rented a new truck, I went ahead and paid for the $65 day rental and said I would pay for the $70 for refill.. and what isn’t used will be refunded they said...

I flew in from Idaho to California for a one day Doctor appointment and Business meeting.

My doctors appointment was first and was less than 20 miles from the airport. Once done with the doctors appointment I went out to go to my business meeting. The vehicle wouldn’t start. I tried everything, I did my calling to Enterprise and finally after 20 mins plus+... got ahold of Enterprise towing. I talked to them and they first told me they would be there in the next 10 mins. I waited and nothing, I called and they told me it was over an hour and a half ++ ... before they would be showing up. I knew I wouldn’t be able to make my business meeting so I canceled. One doesn’t spend hundreds of dollars and the whole day flying with a service dog not to complete the whole reason why they came out.

I called the Ontario Airport Enterprise and asked if they could help and if someone from there could pick me up. I let them know what was happening and the timing of the tow truck company would be coming over an hour, they would still need to get the truck pulled out from the parking spot.. (which was a small parking lot) then hooked it up, and drive to the airport, and I would miss my flight if I waited.

I let her know I have a service dog check-in, which is quite a bit longer for they have to check everything and they pulled you out do a search. So I asked can someone pick me up. The manger told me Nope! You need to take what we offer which is getting a ride with the tow truck driver.

Again, I explained how I will miss my flight with the timing, and asked is Enterprise is going to pay for my flight. She told me NO!! and again, told me “This is what it is” and you will need to get a ride with the tow truck driver. We will not pick you up!!!

I was so dishearten, I was left stranded in a different state with a dog, no extra dog food for the night, no extra medication for the day and no extra clothes. I was so shocked by her lack of caring and concern.

So I called a taxi cab, finally got to the airport and went into Enterprise. The manger attitude was more like, I was an inconveniences and were done here! So I released she wasn’t going to help, she told me that they will not refund my $56 dollar taxi nor my $140 rental fee.

(remember I didnt use the whole $70 of gas)

Again, I said if I hadn’t taken a taxi I would of missed my plane. If I had rode with the tow truck driver, I would miss my flight! (We cannot help you, is what the manger said)

I asked for my recite and I was told no, you cannot have it. I stated I need something, for you told me you will not refund my $140 dollars for the rental, (Which remember $70 for gas, so I shouldn't of been charged the whole $70,) You wont refund me for the taxi, I need something for my records.

I was told we are not going to give you your recite to you. No Sorry, No nothing! It was like I was a burden to her. He stance with her arms on her hips said it all! She didnt even come to the counter, she just stood there standing about 10 feet away, as she was trying to do something else.

I left and went to catch my plane, which when I got there they were already boarding. So if I took her advice and drove in with the tow truck driver, I would of for sure missed my plane.

The next day (Thursday) I called and complained , and was told the regional manager would call me asap. Nothing!

Called again on Friday! Nothing, told the same thing they will call you.

I called on Monday Feburay the 6th, I was told the regional manger would call and give it a day. I also told them I wanted refunded my $140 and would like a taxi refund. She stated for sure on the $140 and someone would call. I noticed instead of being refunded I was charged the money!

I had called a number of times for the next week. Always getting the same thing, your money would be refunded and someone would call you. Nothing....

On the the 12th I asked for someone at Corporate Enterprise to call, yes they will call you asap.

I even sent three emails to Pamela.m.Nicholson@ehi.com Corporate VIP! She NEVER RESPONDED!

One the 13th I again asked and of course someone from Corporate will call. On the 13th later in the day, a different manger from the Ontario Airport called me Kelli Valenti.. some like that. I didn’t want her, I know how I was treated at that Ontario branch, I wanted a supervisor someone from the regional office or corporate to call me. NOPE! Never happened.

When I did talk to someone late February 13th, almost two weeks after many calls and emails, she (Kelli) was nice and did say they take their customer service seriously … I said SERIOUSLY! Your going to tell me that after two weeks of call, that Enterprise Car Rentals takes Customer Service Seriously !

Kelli stated they would refund my $140, but everything else .

I did get my refund almost 3 weeks later, but Kelli never followed up and never called me back as she promised about the taxi... Nothing. I can see they take customer service seriously ... Not!!!

Its so sad, that I have never got anyone, to call me to make sure the Manager would be held accountable for Enterprise,.I didn’t even get Im sorry for the Airport Enterprise car rental people, it was more like too bad! They pretty much didn’t care, that I was stranded and left in the middle of a parking lot, with my Service dog.

Plus the CEO of Enterprise Pamela Nicholson, didnt even respond to my emails!

Shame on Enterprise, for not caring enough to even call me for weeks and not making things right, and taking my money for a broken car and leaving myself and My Service Dog Stranded!!!

The only one who showed any kind of respect or kindness was Shamelia M. She should teach the mangers how to treat customers and should be manager. She would be a good manger!

Thanks for nothing enterprise!

Boise, Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Enterprise car rental

On February first 2017, I rented a new truck, I went ahead and paid for the $65 day rental and said I would pay for the $70 for refill.. and what isn’t used will be refunded they said...

I flew in from Idaho to California for a one day Doctor appointment and Business meeting.

My doctors appointment was first and was less than 20 miles from the airport. Once done with the doctors appointment I went out to go to my business meeting. The vehicle wouldn’t start. I tried everything, I did my calling to Enterprise and finally after 20 mins plus+... got ahold of Enterprise towing. I talked to them and they first told me they would be there in the next 10 mins. I waited and nothing, I called and they told me it was over an hour and a half ++ ... before they would be showing up. I knew I wouldn’t be able to make my business meeting so I canceled. One doesn’t spend hundreds of dollars and the whole day flying with a service dog not to complete the whole reason why they came out.

I called the Ontario Airport Enterprise and asked if they could help and if someone from there could pick me up. I let them know what was happening and the timing of the tow truck company would be coming over an hour, they would still need to get the truck pulled out from the parking spot.. (which was a small parking lot) then hooked it up, and drive to the airport, and I would miss my flight if I waited.

I let her know I have a service dog check-in, which is quite a bit longer for they have to check everything and they pulled you out do a search. So I asked can someone pick me up. The manger told me Nope! You need to take what we offer which is getting a ride with the tow truck driver.

Again, I explained how I will miss my flight with the timing, and asked is Enterprise is going to pay for my flight. She told me NO!! and again, told me “This is what it is” and you will need to get a ride with the tow truck driver. We will not pick you up!!!

I was so dishearten, I was left stranded in a different state with a dog, no extra dog food for the night, no extra medication for the day and no extra clothes. I was so shocked by her lack of caring and concern.

So I called a taxi cab, finally got to the airport and went into Enterprise. The manger attitude was more like, I was an inconveniences and were done here! So I released she wasn’t going to help, she told me that they will not refund my $56 dollar taxi nor my $140 rental fee.

Again, I said if I hadn’t taken a taxi I would of missed my plane. If I had rode with the tow truck driver, I would miss my flight! (We cannot help you, is what the manger said)

I asked for my recite and I was told no, you cannot have it. I stated I need something, for you told me you will not refund my $140 dollars for the rental, (Which remember $70 for gas, so I shouldn't of been charged the whole $70,) You wont refund me for the taxi, I need something for my records.

I was told we are not going to give you your recite to you. No Sorry, No nothing! It was like I was a burden to her. He stance with her arms on her hips said it all! She didnt even come to the counter, she just stood there standing about 10 feet away, as she was trying to do something else.

I left and went to catch my plane, which when I got there they were already boarding. So if I took her advice and drove in with the tow truck driver, I would of for sure missed my plane.

The next day (Thursday) I called and complained , and was told the regional manager would call me asap. Nothing!

I called on Monday Feburay the 6th, I was told the regional manger would call and give it a day. I also told them I wanted refunded my $140 and would like a taxi refund. She stated for sure on the $140 and someone would call. I noticed instead of being refunded I was charged the money!

I had called a number of times for the next week. Always getting the same thing, your money would be refunded and someone would call you. Nothing....

On the the 12th I asked for someone at Corporate Enterprise to call, yes they will call you asap.

I even sent three emails to Pamela.m.Nicholson@ehi.com Corporate VIP! She NEVER RESPONDED!

One the 13th I again asked and of course someone from Corporate will call. On the 13th later in the day, a different manger from the Ontario Airport called me Kelli Valenti.. some like that. I didn’t want her, I know how I was treated at that Ontario branch, I wanted a supervisor someone from the regional office or corporate to call me. NOPE! Never happened.

When I did talk to someone late February 13th, almost two weeks after many calls and emails, she (Kelli) was nice and did say they take their customer service seriously … I said SERIOUSLY! Your going to tell me that after two weeks of call, that Enterprise Car Rentals takes Customer Service Seriously !

Kelli stated they would refund my $140, but everything else .

I did get my refund almost 3 weeks later, but Kelli never followed up and never called me back as she promised about the taxi... Nothing. I can see they take customer service seriously ... Not!!!

Its so sad, that I have never got anyone, to call me to make sure the Manager would be held accountable for Enterprise,.I didn’t even get Im sorry for the Airport Enterprise car rental people, it was more like too bad! They pretty much didn’t care, that I was stranded and left in the middle of a parking lot, with my Service dog.

Plus the CEO of Enterprise Pamela Nicholson, didnt even respond to my emails!

Shame on Enterprise, for not caring enough to even call me for weeks and not making things right, and taking my money for a broken car and leaving myself and My Service Dog Stranded!!!

The only one who showed any kind of respect or kindness was Shamelia M. She should teach the mangers how to treat customers and should be manager. She would be a good manger!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,644 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enterprise car rental

reported for posting personal information

Boise, Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Enterprise car rental

I even sent three emails to the Corporate VIP! She NEVER RESPONDED!

One the 13th I again asked and of course someone from Corporate will call. On the 13th later in the day, a different manger from the Ontario Airport called me. I didn’t want her, I know how I was treated at that Ontario branch, I wanted a supervisor someone from the regional office or corporate to call me. NOPE! Never happened.

When I did talk to someone late February 13th, almost two weeks after many calls and emails, she was nice and did say they take their customer service seriously … I said SERIOUSLY! Your going to tell me that after two weeks of call, that Enterprise Car Rentals takes Customer Service Seriously !

She stated they would refund my $140, .

I did get my refund almost 3 weeks later, but She never followed up and never called me back as she promised about the taxi... Nothing. I can see they take customer service seriously ... Not!!!

Plus the CEO of Enterprise , didnt even respond to my emails!

The only one who showed any kind of respect or kindness was one girl who walked me to my car!. She should teach the mangers how to treat customers and should be manager. She would be a good manger!

Boise, Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Enterprise car rental

I even sent three emails to the Corporate VIP! She NEVER RESPONDED!

One the 13th I again asked and of course someone from Corporate will call. On the 13th later in the day, a different manger from the Ontario Airport called me. I didn’t want her, I know how I was treated at that Ontario branch, I wanted a supervisor someone from the regional office or corporate to call me. NOPE! Never happened.

When I did talk to someone late February 13th, almost two weeks after many calls and emails, she was nice and did say they take their customer service seriously … I said SERIOUSLY! Your going to tell me that after two weeks of call, that Enterprise Car Rentals takes Customer Service Seriously !

She stated they would refund my $140, .

I did get my refund almost 3 weeks later, but She never followed up and never called me back as she promised about the taxi... Nothing. I can see they take customer service seriously ... Not!!!

Plus the CEO of Enterprise , didnt even respond to my emails!

The only one who showed any kind of respect or kindness was one girl who walked me to my car!. She should teach the mangers how to treat customers and should be manager. She would be a good manger!

Boise, Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Enterprise car rental

How funny! you can respond about and email written about the company.. But could never call me back when enterprise was keeping my money!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,644 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Enterprise car rental

Now reported for duplicate postings on this five year old thread.

Reply to: Enterprise car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted