We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SBA to Ojai transportation options?

sd
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SBA to Ojai transportation options?

I'm taking the train from SAN to SBA to meet a friend flying in from PIT. We need to find the most economical transportation from SB to the Oaks at Ojai. We're only staying a week, so a rental car isn't necessary unless it's much less than a round trip shuttle, bus, or cab fare would be. Are there hotels or other Ojai destinations that offer shuttle service to SBA?

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SBA to Ojai transportation options?

Truthfully there's not many hotels in ojai but if you can shuttle up there from SBA there is a trolly that runs through the whole town, and the town is small so it will pretty much take you anywhere you cant walk to. Also the Gold Coast bus runs through town.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,238 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SBA to Ojai transportation options?

If you live in San Diego don't you have a car?

I'd just drive up. It is an easy drive.

You might also ask the Oaks if they have a suggestion for you.

They may offer some sort of shuttle service.

I haven't been there in a long time so I don't remember if they offer that.

Edited: 11:05 am, May 27, 2013
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SBA to Ojai transportation options?

The Oaks is rather small and, in my experience, has extremely lousy service (actually everything about it is extremely lousy).

Here from their website ("or your doorstep"??):

Local Ground Transportation:

For airport taxi service, Topa Topa Taxi or 805-312-2288. All airports or your doorstep.

For a private towncar or limo service, call Ojai Limo at (805) 646-0316. All airports or your doorstep.

For taxi around Ojai or to/from Santa Barbara Airport, call Ojai Taxi (805) 646-TAXI (8294)

Roadrunner Shuttle van or towncar service. (800) 247-7919 All airports or your doorstep.

There is an Amtrak stop in Ventura.

4. Re: SBA to Ojai transportation options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, November 22, 2016