We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moderately priced wellness property

Which Ojai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
moderately priced wellness property

hi. im hoping people can respond quickly. i lost my dad suddenly due to a hemmorage and i'lll want to "escape" for 2 nights before i return to work early next month. the challenge is cost b/c im on unpaid absence ...i'd like to find a nice place that has nice grounds, a pool/jacuzzi, preferably spa/fitness center or nearby...i live in la so thinking ojai is not a bad drive...somehwere i can go in an hour or so for a day or so by myself to read, write, chat with a stranger, hike or walk, sit by a pool, take a yoga class...im asking for a lot..but i need it...and trying to find an affordable place and hoping for some tips. appreciate any suggestions. thank you

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,488 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: moderately priced wellness property

I've never stayed there, but what about The Oaks at Ojai? It has been around forever and seems quite moderately priced.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Santa Barbara, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Barbara, Channel Islands National Park
Level Contributor
733 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: moderately priced wellness property

I am so sorry for your loss.

Ojai is a wonderful retreat. THe best place to stay is of course the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa and they do have specials - so it would be worth calling to see if you couldget a deal, though I am sure they are busy right around the holiday. The Oaks is very reasonable and a good value - but not nearly as nice as the Ojai Valley Inn.

If you can at all swing it - I suggest the Ojai Valley Inn.

You can also book treatments and use the spa pools, etc at the Ojai Valley Inn if the treatments are not all booked by guests.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
Level Contributor
34,390 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: moderately priced wellness property

So sorry .... I've been there and I know how hard it is. Getting away for a couple of days will help the process.

If you can swing it do the Ojai Valley Inn. I stayed at the Oaks a few years ago and was tremendously underwelmed. Although they've done some work on the place, much of their problems were poor management and lack of communication with guests (I wrote a review, you can read more there).

Best wishes.

Santa Barbara, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Barbara, Channel Islands National Park
Level Contributor
733 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: moderately priced wellness property

I just got this email from the Ojai Valley Inn and thoughts I would share it. Idon't know if you might need two rooms - but figured no harm in letting you know about this deal.

This Weekend Only:

A Quick Getaway to Paradise

Our (pre) Christmas gift to you! Enjoy TWO of our comfortable Shangri-La rooms for only $395 (taxes and gratuities extra). That means you can stay Friday and Saturday, or Saturday and Sunday. Or, you can bring the kids (or your friends) and get the same rate for two terrific rooms for one night!

There is lots to do in Ojai this weekend: perhaps some last-minute shopping in some of the unique boutiques that make the Town of Ojai famous. If your holiday shopping is complete, enjoy our spa and fitness facilities, or just kick off your shoes and relax in 5-diamond comfort.

This offer is limited to the nights of December 17, 18 and 19 only, and cannot be combined with any other offer.

To book, call us or visit our web site and use booking code PGIFTS.

5. Re: moderately priced wellness property

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 15, 2011