We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant, not terribly expensive?

Which Oceanside hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Fe , New...
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurant, not terribly expensive?

HI, we'll be staying in North Coast Village and, despite my best intentions, I am turning 40, right during our vacation.

Could you recommend a nice restaurant in a nice setting, not terribly expensive (not very happy about that birthday, so don't want to make such a big deal out of it) ?

Better in Oceanside, but can drive somewhere else like Carlsbad etc.

Many thanks

Oceanside, CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant, not terribly expensive?

My sympathies on your bd. I too, struggled with that one. There are some great restaurants. For seafood and great views there is the Lighthouse Oyster Bar and Grill in the Harbor. It's a new restaurant that is nice but still has a fun/casual atmosphere. For Italian there is Dominics downstairs. For Sushi and a fun atmosphere this Harney Sushi that is right down town. For a quiet intimate atmosphere, Rim Talay was wonderful, authentic Thai food. All these are close proximity to North Coast Village. If you are craving something different, I can suggest something else. Enjoy your trip.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant, not terribly expensive?

The restaurants posted above are excellent and very close to North Coast Village. I'd go to any of them in a heartbeat for my birthday (also in January). For some of your other meals you might like the chains out off of Rte 78 as well like Outback or Olive Garden. Enjoy your stay and let us know how it went. PS: 40's fine...just embrace it!

3. Re: Nice restaurant, not terribly expensive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, March 11, 2013